mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Spring Riding In Utah

So I was wondering if there was any place in Utah County or nearby that you can go riding. I am new to this and looked up in utahmountainbiking.com but most of them say June or July riding. I just bought my bike and don't think I can wait that long. Any help? I don't have time to go to far so anything within 75 miles of Utah County.

mtbr member
    Watch the trail conditions forum on utahmountainbiking.com. Currently parts of Lambert park and some lower trails in Corner Canyon are rideable..at least until the next round of precipitation comes in. Also look at skidmap.com.

mtbr member
    Corner canyon has a lot of the lower half stuff open. You can ride the bst for quite sometime too.

mtbr member
    Like others have mentioned, Utahmountainbiking.com and skidmap usually have quite up to date information on trail conditions.

If you really want to ride, 5 mile pass is probably good to go right now. It is out west of Utah lake, doesn't get much snow, and isn't a very sensitive area as far as mud and stuff. It isn't great mtb riding, either, but ...
    '11 Specialized Enduro Expert for the trails
    '13 Felt Z4 for the road

Your Best Friend
    Eagle Mountain trails are all dry. We are also currently in the process of building 5 miles of new trail.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Well looking at the snow we are getting here the next 48 hours I think all hope is lost for riding anywhere nearby this weekend. I have heard that Eagle Mountain is coming along nicely I will definitely have to try it when the weather gets better.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Eagle would probably be the best bet this week as we warm back up. Draper got a good 5-6 inches over the weekend so it'll be wet and messy if melted.

Your Best Friend
    I did trail work in Eagle Mountain yesterday and hiked a few of the trails. They have absorbed the moisture really well and are still rideable. Obviously if you come to a muddy spot, pick up your bike and hike over it, don't ride around it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Northern BST is rideable. Lower Corner Canyon is open and nice (closed at Ghost falls). Eagle Mountain is great (was at the bike park this week).

PM me if anyone is interested in some riding.

Owner Epic Biking
    I rode he Eagle Mountain trails in the snow storm last week, and then rode it again a couple of days later with no mud. The trail Silentfoe is talking about is coming along real well. It will be connected to the bike park soon. Actually you can ride all the way to the bike park, but the last section still needs some work. I posted a during and after picture of Cougar's Climb on the South Pole Epic Facebook page.
    www.epicbiking.com
    I'll be riding a bike to the South Pole, check it out at:
    GoFundMe
    blog
    Facebook page

mtbr member
    The Orem foothills trails are in great condition. Yesterday I rode up past the rock pile on the little baldy trail to about 6400 feet before I hit snow/mud.