mtbr member

The spots to camp..

Hey all. I was wondering if anyone could point out a great place to camp. I'm looking for a spot that not tons of people go to. A lake would be awesome. Any help is appreciated

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I camped at Castle Rock campsite outside of Moab. Its in Castle Valley. There was no one for miles. No lake... but there is a running stream nearby.

chukarhntr1
    Nov 2007
    Are you looking for a camping spot any place in the state or a particular area?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chukarhntr1
    Are you looking for a camping spot any place in the state or a particular area?

I live in Vegas so something that's not too far away. I guess I'm looking at the best place closest to Vegas, hehe. I camped in Zion last year and I liked it, but it had no water by it. I'll like rivers, lakes, decent creeks, etc. And like I said, a place not over run by people. I've checked the Utah website, and there's like 20 or so camp areas to choose from so I don't know where to start.

Bored Carp
    No water in Zion? The Virgin River was dry?
    I only attempt to change the world in the appropriate World-Changing venues and forums.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Kolob Terrace (under snow)
    Fish Lake (under snow)
    Navaho Lake (under snow)

I am seeing a theme develop... The alpine lake stuff you are talking about won't be available until July probably. Those are all nice spots that shouldn't be TOO busy. If you want something even more remote and less populous, you will have to explore with a map.

JMH

chukarhntr1
    Nov 2007
    If you are looking for someplace this summer try any of the recommendations from JMH. Also try Panguitch lake although there are a lot of people, but it is close to the Brian Head area. If you want alpine lakes and solitude, try the Boulder Mountain.

Escalante State Park, Gunlock Reservoir, or Enterprise Reservoir might be good this time of year.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chuky
    No water in Zion? The Virgin River was dry?

i camped in some dusty "indian" campground. That's why I'm stuck. Where's the good spots on the virgin river? And thx to the others for your suggestions