mtbr member
    Oct 2010

Spiro construction...

Anyone know how long Spiro will be closed and what they are doing to the trail? After coming down from mid-mountain it was closed at the junction with the new Ham/Armstrong connector
    trail. It looked like their intention was to direct riders back toward Armstrong. Does this mean Armstrong is temporarily two way? If not shouldn't it be posted at Mid-Mountain also? Just wondering....

mtbr member
    I did the same thing the other day. Just in cased you missed like I did there is a little dinky sign at the top of where spiro starts that says it's closed. Almost rode down armstrong but ended up climbing back up and went down CMG. I wondered to if Armstrong was a two way for awhile, Anyone know?

Dr. Pepper drinker
    From the Mountain Trails Foundation Facebook page:

Mountain Trails Foundation
    Wednesday.SPIRO CLOSURE UPDATE: It is looking like the crew will be on sight until June 29th - Meaning, the trail will remain closed until then. Please use alternate routes - BIKERS, NO THIS DOES NOT GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO RIDE DOWN ARMSTRONG TRAIL! There are many options if you plan ahead - best one being to ride down CMG to Eagle trail, which ties to the lower Spiro trail that is still open. Thanks for your cooperation.
    Sipping the Knolly Whisquillappa

Team Sanchez
    I was up there yesterday. I took Ham to the first dirt road down. Rode down that for a ways and then jumped on Armstrong for the last mile, and took it nice and slow.
    Team Sanchez; "Always hittin the upper lip"