mtbr member

Solo XC sightseeing in SW Utah--need advice

I will be in SW Utah Oct 21-25. I've never been there before. I will be by myself, so I don't want to take the chance that I will be knocked out from a fall, or marooned in a deserted area if my bike fails. I also am most interested in seeing beautiful scenery, rather than riding amazing singletrack. Essentially, I would like my bike trip to be an alternative to the traditional touring that people do in Zion and Bryce National Parks. I don't mind riding jeep trails or paved roads. I would like to ride about 50 miles a day, and like hard climbs. Can you suggest routes for me?

Also, what is the best way to find a riding buddy?

Thanks!
    Mark

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    If there isn't snow Virgin River Rim Trail would fulfill your need for scenery. You definitely want to find some riding buddies for that one though.

Gooseberry Mesa has amazing rock hoodoos to ride around and great views of the Hurricane Valley and up into Zion national park.

I would check out the roadie forums to find out the best road rides around here.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Roads

1. Ride the Bike paths in St george along the Virgin River and out to climb snow canyon and back to town.

2. Climb to Kolob Resavoir from Virgin.

3. You can bike the roads in Zion. The main canyon is great because there are no cars just the shuttle busses who have been coached to give you lots of room. You can climb to the tunnell but there are lots of cars
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me