Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

So we're going to be fined for riding in mud?!?!?

1K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  While At Rome 
#1 ·
My cousin today got so sick of waiting on the rain to stop that he hit the BST today rain and all. He was met by a forrest ranger on a 4 wheeler and he cited my cousin for leaving mud holes more than 5 inches deep on the trail. My cousin said the 4 wheeler he was riding did about 300% more damage catching up to him. He was actually being tracked. The ranger said there have been spent alot of money and time having the trail smoothed out. What he means by smoothed out is beyond me. However I think we should be able to go out whenever we want. Everyone gets mad when someone digs in the mud and it dries in that form. Think of it as adding some technical trail terrain. Some guys need to just get out and cannot wait 9 months for it to stop having cold and wet weather. The last two years the weather has hit us hard. For some guys, they go crazy!!! They can't take it anymore and the hit the trail without thought of the other riders. They really don't care and neither did my cousin.... but fines?!?!? What is a ranger doing out near the BST in the rain on a holiday?

#3 ·
I am glad they gave him a ticket. People that ride on trails in Utah when it is wet are selfish idiots, it doesn't "add technical trail terrain" it ruins the trail for everyone else for the rest of the season. As for the 4 wheeler leaving ruts, I guess your cousins fine can pay for those to be fixed.

And as for the question of what the ranger is doing out in the rain on a holiday? Isn't it obvious? He is giving tickets to selfish idiots. I hope this catches on as a source of revenue and other popular riding areas start ticketing for trail damage.

#8 ·
omg, you peope are idiots. There's no way this is real.

It's not that you folk are too dense to figure it out that is disturbing, it's that you that such a thing would be ok. Thanks for destroying whatever faith In humanity was left.
Well, it shouldn't amaze anyone that a fool like you would say that.

You're are the same idiot that said ATVs riders should be able to do whatever they want, cutting fences and turning singletrack to dualtrack as they please! http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=710237

Don't see the environmentalist agenda in play here!

#12 ·
However I think we should be able to go out whenever we want. Everyone gets mad when someone digs in the mud and it dries in that form. Think of it as adding some technical trail terrain. Some guys need to just get out and cannot wait 9 months for it to stop having cold and wet weather. The last two years the weather has hit us hard. For some guys, they go crazy!!! They can't take it anymore and the hit the trail without thought of the other riders
Folks...I present to you the classic selfesh prick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.