mtbr member
    Sep 2008

snowbasin trails

New to the area and looking to ride snowbasin for a day. I rode Canyons bike park two weeks ago and enjoyed myself very much. Are the trails at snowbasin similar to Canyons or is it more XC oriented? Looking to ride tomorrow or Sunday so if anyone wants a partner let me know. I'm not fast and not horribly slow up or down. Cheers

MTBR member
    Jan 2007
    Check out the Sardine trail; it's awesome! I like to park @ the bottom of Wheeler Canyon, then ride Wheeler>Green Pond>Ogden Overlook>Sardine>Maples>Ice Box>Wheeler. Its about 25 miles. You can also ride the gondola up if that's your cup of tea. They don't have ramps, jumps, etc like the Canyons though. Check out Ogden Trails in my signature, and Weber Pathways for a good map.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I agree with wookie riding the bottom is more enjoyable. Park at wheeler or Art Nord and pedal up towards green pond then loop back around and come down middle fork for some fun downhill. No ramps just rocks and roots. If you pay to lift access snowbasin it is just medium downhill lots off rocks towards the top no jumps or berms to speak of. Me and my boys rode the top 2 weeks ago and it was really blown out no maintenence to speak of this year. We ride the bottom half weekly and have a lot more fun. Defiantly nothing like the canyons the bike park is about the only resort worth paying to lift access for me.

mtbr member
    Want to bump this "old" post just to say that a really fun evening ride in these days of waning daylight is to park at the Art Nord TH, climb East Fork to the new SB road, cross it and continue up Green Pond Loop riding it clockwise to return on the lower Green Pond trail, cross the road again descending, fork left and descend Middle Fork to Wheeler Creek, hang two rights and return to the Art Nord TH parking. About 12+ miles, but you can always do two laps if you have the time.
    I ride, therefore I am.