Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Snowbasin (lift served)

868 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  OperatorBo 
#1 ·
How are the trail conditions at Snowbasin (upper mountain, lift accessed) right now? Before I get flamed and told to go to Deer Valley, yes I know there is better lift served. Snowbasin was my home mountain for years, so I like getting up there if only for nostalgia. Plus connecting to the Wheeler Creek trails for 15 miles of DH is rad.

The reason I ask how the conditions are right now is because last year they straight up sucked. It seems like Snowbasin resort does very little to actually maintain their trails, so it can be really hit and miss. On the same note, how is Wheeler Creek/Eastfork/Middlefork and Icebox. Last I heard Icebox was a disaster and the rest were marginal. Have things improved at all? I no longer live in Ogden or else I would just go and ride it to find out rather then ask.

#2 ·
The upper mountain isn't to bad. better then last year, but you are right, it's no Deer Valley. I ride basin every weekend, been loving it so far this year. haven't hit the lower trails yet. I hiked Wheeler a couple of weeks ago, it never seems to change from year to year. I say hit basin on sunday, less people, and at 1230 the band starts and the BEER tent opens, good times after a couple of runs.

Good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.