mtbr member

SLC trail conditions

I have a family vacation to Park City the last week of March and the weather report sounds more like Mountain biking weather than Snowbarding weather. I am happy to drive up to 90 minutes from park city to ride on one or two days.

Are there trails at lower altitudes that are ridable this time of year? Is it worth me bringing my bike?

Thanks in advance

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

There will be some riding avalible.

Alot of the lower elevation tralis in the slc valley are drying quite quickly now. Everything can change with a single storm this time of year, but there is a good chance there will be some dry trail.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

mtbr member
    There's always some riding available. The question is probably whether it will be worth the hassle of bringing your bike for it or not. The way March is, you never know.

For example, today and yesterday, great riding conditions on most of the low elevation stuff. I rode Mountain Ranch bike park yesterday, trails were dry and in great condition. But it is supposed to snow/rain all weekend, maybe dropping another foot of snow in the higher elevations and soaking all the lower trails again, probably.
    '11 Specialized Enduro Expert for the trails
    '13 Felt Z4 for the road

mtbr member
    I think I would rather have my bike and have good snow conditions, than to not have my bike and have lousy snowboarding conditions. As long as I can snowboard or bike most days I am there I will be a happy camper. Just ordered a hard case. I will of course check the weather again late next week.

Any suggestions for a bike shop in park city that would reassemble my bike and help if I have any problems. Got a Mojo HD, but dosent have to be an ibis dealer.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Rent a bike

You can rent a bike pretty cheap for the weekend. not sure its worh the cost of shipping and a case unless its for more then a few rides
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    White Pine Touring in Park City is best bet for year round cycling needs - unlike most ski shops, they handle bikes year round plus they rent bikes too - including surly pugsly in case you wind up w/ snow. here's their info: 1790 Bonanza Drive Park City, UT 84060 (435) 649-8710