mtbr member
    Mar 2012

SLC to Park City

Looking for some advice. In SLC for a few more days and wanting to figure out a good ride from SLC to Park City and back? From what I have gathered I have to avoid the Mill D areas on odd # days. Thinking of starting at Guardsman and trying to go to park city and back to Guardsman pass or Wasatch Crest. Any advice would be great. I have some maps and the Utahmountainbiking.com that I am trying to palm from.

mtbr member
    I had this very same opportunity about a month ago and chose to park on the Guardsman Pass road (at the switchback) then climb up to the Crest via Puke hill. Headed north on the Crest then descended on MM connector to Midmountain then descended Insurgent to Upper Holly's to Lower Holly's. From there I climbed back up to Mid Mountain via Rosebud/Robs/Ambush.

From there I traversed the MM to Pine Cone then back up to the Crest and back down to Guardsman.

It's a big loop and has the disadvantage of having most of the downhill at the front end.

You could also descend directly on Pine Cone then pick any number of alternatives in Park City and Deer Valley before climbing back up to the crest.

Having said that, the drive over to Park City from Salt Lake City isn't that long if you'd rather just ride in PC.
    Last edited by KRob; 08-21-2013 at 03:15 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

SLC to Park City

Thanks for the reply. I will check that route out. If I can't get a lift over to PC I was thinking crest connect or Scott's bypass - pinecone - mm - spiro or cmg into PC. Once in PC figure out how I want to go back over. Well see how it goes. I'm used to riding in San Diego and the altitude adjustment can take its toll.

mtbr member
    There is a bus that runs weekdays from SLC to PC on very limited schedule.
    Utah Transit Authority
    Perhaps catch the bus up to PC, ride up to and over the Crest and back to SLC via Mill Creek Canyon (even days only).

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

SLC to Park City

That's a good idea. I will shoot for that I think. Thanks