wrg
    wrg

SLC bikeshop info needed please

hi all,

I'll be in SLC for week at the end of March and Im bringing my bikes. Can you guys recommend a good shop in the area for parts and service?

Thanks
    Woody
    ..............o
    ...........( L.>
    ____(_)_Z_(_)_____________________________

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    We are really fortunate to have Go-Ride in SLC. I find the guys that work there really know their stuff, and are generally nice guys to talk to about anything bike related. After a few bad experiences with other shops, I don't go anywhere else now.

Downhill Bikes, Mountain Bike Parts, Salt Lake Utah, from Go-Ride.com Bike Shop

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pray4snoww View Post
    We are really fortunate to have Go-Ride in SLC. I find the guys that work there really know their stuff, and are generally nice guys to talk to about anything bike related. After a few bad experiences with other shops, I don't go anywhere else now.

Downhill Bikes, Mountain Bike Parts, Salt Lake Utah, from Go-Ride.com Bike Shop

Agreed.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I agree also. The guys at GoRide are great.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

shops

We are fortunate to have alot of good shops in the SLC area. Go ride is amoung them but they specialize in DH/AM bikes and parts for those bikes. They carry and stock very few parts for XC bikes and don't even sell road bikes or parts at all.

I personallly go to Revolution Mountain Sports in sandy. They can work on basically any bike (DH/ AM/ Road/ XC etc) Ryan the head mechanic there has actually repaired a number of parts for me when other shops told me they needed to be replaced. They also moved to a new store opening Mon I think. Revs is one of the best operations going.

Contender Bicycles is also an option. Contender is about the largest shop in town. They seem to stock more parts then anyone else. If you are looking for that hard to find screw or mount for a GPS its worth checking there. The Downside to contender is the price. Very Expensive.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

wrg
    wrg
    hey thanks so much for the infomation guys! I really appreciate it!
    ..............o
    ...........( L.>
    ____(_)_Z_(_)_____________________________

Swimming thru the Smog
    Apr 2011
    GoRide and Laketown bikes, as well as bicycle center ive had good experience with.

@trailgrinder
    Great shop with guthries in slc too

mtbr member
    Thanks for the kind comments about Go-Ride.com. If you haven't been by the shop lately we've done a lot of work and continue to expand our full range of mountain bike offerings. We stock A LOT of parts. We also specialize in service of suspension, disc brakes, dropper posts, and hubs, along with building lots of wheels and custom bikes.

We just launched an all new website with very comprehensive parts selection. We list thousands of parts that are often available the next day. For example you can order something Tuesday night after work and usually pick it up Wednesday afternoon, even if it's not in stock in our SLC warehouse.

If you live in SLC and are into bikes you are very lucky. There are a lot of quality bike shops in this area. When you find one that fits your style make sure you remember to let them know how much you appreciate them. It means a lot to the guys and gals that work there.

Thanks for checking us out.
    Scott @ GO-RIDE.com
    Turner DHR
    Pivot Mach 6
    Giant Anthem 27.5
    Salsa Bear Grease C
    Lil Shredder 20" - son's

mtbr member
    M favorite shop although a little south in Sandy is Revolution. The guys there are awesome and help you out all the time.

Has skills-will travel
    Jun 2008
    Here is my 2 cents:
    For DH - Go Ride is the place
    For Price - Revelotion is the place - but they almost never have the part you need.
    For Service and Parts - Contender is the place - your just going to pay for it. Yet, you get to look at some top end bikes while you empty your wallet.

Outside Salt Lake, I have had really great Service-Prices-and Lots of Parts from the guys at White Pine Touring in Park City.