Err
    Calm like a bomb

SLC Bike Parks Planning Meeting (Incl I-St) - Sat 9/22

As many of you know, WAFTA has been engaged with the Salt Lake City Parks department for some time now on the topic of designating the I-Street jumps as a legitimate park. Our initial scope has grown from preserving that single park into working with Parks & Public lands to create a Bike Park Master Plan for SLC. We now have 4 candidate bike park locations in addtion to (not instead of) I Street. We need your input on choosing which sites will be pursued to develop and what type of features should exist at each location. On Saturday, September 22nd there will be a Parks & Public Lands Symposium held to gather input from the community on upcoming projects. The Bike Terrain Parks are the number 1 agenda item! SLC will be seeking feedback on both the future of I Street and the proposed new parks. We need EVERY rider to show up and make their voice heard.

Bike Park Candidate Sites:

2596 N. 2200 West
    1200 N. Redwood Road
    615 W. 900 South (Under I-15 overpass with year-round riding
    potential)
    1325 S. 800 West

Parks & Public Lands Symposium:
    Saturday, September 22nd
    9AM - 11AM and then repeating the same content from 1PM - 3 PM
    City & County Building, 451 South State Street, Floors 2-4

If you are unable to attend the Symposium, you can send comments to
    parks@slcgov.com

mtbr member
    I will try to be there....like the idea of one being under I15 , Colonnade style!

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Reminder, this is tomorrow. Swing by and drop your 2 cents!

Also, volunteer day on the Maple Hollow DH course tomorrow!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Eh crap, totally forgot about this. How'd it go? I want a Colonnade!

Dr. Pepper drinker
    I hear there was pretty solid attendance for the morning session, at the afternoon one it was just myself and Bob Radke from Basin Rec but it went well, the parks rep seems pretty excited about the potential and working out a plan for both I Street and additional smaller parks (think pump tracks) at several locations. I think Bob was going to give her a good tour around Trailside this week to get ideas flowing. Anyone have the chance to check out the overpass site to see how big it could potentially be? Flat or downhill grade?
    Sipping the Knolly Whisquillappa

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    I was there early for a while. Several other riders turned out in the morning and we had some great discussion. The preservation of I Street remains a focus and that discussion is moving along nicely. We currently have absolutely no one calling for the destruction of I Street and actually quite a bit of support to keep it. Outside of I Street there are 4 candidate locations which are listed above. The site under I-15 at 9th S and the site at 25th N, 22nd W seem to be the front runners. We're talking about multiple jump lines and a pump track at the 9th S site and jump lines at the 25th N, 22nd W site. The 25th, 22nd site holds the possibility for some very long jump lines as it's a 15 acre parcel (of which would would likely be sharing with other users).

All in all, things are looking solid. What we really need now is people to continue to show our support for these projects to the city at parks@slcgov.com