mtbr member

Salt Lake City Area Ride/ Bike Rental

On a business trip to Salt Lake City area and I may have a chance to get a ride in Sept 23/24. What would be the best place to ride for an above average intermediate rider who is not a big fan of climbing? Are they any good LBS around where I could rent a bike? Is it hard to find a riding partner?
    Ride first, drinks after!

@endo_2011

mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Me Too

I'm headed to Murray for business in a couple weeks. I'm wondering the same thing. Same taste, (I will climb to go down).

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Bring your climbing legs.

Check out
    Utah Mountain Biking - Trails, Information, Repairs

I would suggest riding the millcreek pipeline trail. There are lots of ride options. I like to ride it as a loop climbing up the paved canyon rd to elbow fork, and then descending the pipeline trail and returing to my car at the base of the canyon. It saves you $3 if you don't drive into the canyon. The Climb on the road is not bad at all. Its 5 or 6 miles with 1500 ish feet of climbing. Here is a strava link to that ride.

Mountain Bike Ride Profile | Pipeline near Salt Lake City | Times and Records | Strava

You can also drive up to the gate and access the trail there and ride the flat part as an out and back. Makes for a nice ride with almost no climbing.

As far as bike rentals go the cheapest place I know of is the bike shop at the intermodel transportation hub in downtown slc.

Welcome to the BTC! Your source for commuter bike rentals and storage in Salt Lake City.

I have never actually been in there but I called around looking for a rental bike for a friend that was coming to town and thier prices were pretty reasonable. Many LBS in the area have rental bikes with google and a phone you can find basically any bike you want to rent. (26 29 HT FS etc etc)

Finding people to ride with is pretty easy. If you ride the pipeline during peak hours I promise you will not be riding alone.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me