Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Salt Lake City area

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  slcmcr 
#1 ·
I'm going to Salt Lake City for work in June. What are my nearby hiking and biking options? For biking, I'd also need a rental. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

I'd like to stay close to Salt Lake City as I'd have to rent a car.

#3 ·
Too many to list.

Check out Utahmountainbiking.com for a great list of trails. I bet that is what your PM says.

As far as rentals go I would call around to some local shops and see who has the type of bike you like. My personal favorite local shop is Revolution. They are a bit of a drive from slc but worth it in my opinion. The shop is very active in supporting local races, racers, and trail development. They usually have some demo bikes that they rent out of reasonable rates. have fun

#5 ·
Thanks for the advice. I have two other questions that relate to me saving money by not having to rent a car.

1. Are there are mtn biking trails within riding distance of downtown Salt Lake City?
2. Are there any hiking trails within walk/public transit distance of downtown Salt Lake City?

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.