mtbr member

Rode Thunder Mountain on Saturday

Had A great Ride on The Thunder Mountain Trail....first time on the trail and what a ride....great mix of climbing , Technical down hill and then the last 2 miles of fast flowing single track...great trail though some sections were a little beat up from this past winter...highly recomended
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

very cool

I can't believe no one responded to this post after three days - come on Utah forum!

Sounds like a lot of fun. I'm heading out there next Fall, hoping for good weather. Thanks for posting the pics.

Lev
    You Guys Riding?
    That place looks sick. Definitely on the list of To-do's

I break 'em and fix 'em..

Good job! Kiiiiick Aaaaaaasssss

Dude, I am going down there this fall with an old buddy of mine who's flying out here...been planning out this trip so we can camp near there--supposed to be a LOT of trails down there to ride. So much different terrain from the Ogden area!

Great pix...

One of the best trails, anywhere!

The stuff across the street (especially Cassidy and Rich) are also highly recommended.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Quote Originally Posted by ionsmuse
    One of the best trails, anywhere!

The stuff across the street (especially Cassidy and Rich) are also highly recommended.
    And are in excellent condition. Not blown out yet, I almost cleaned all the climbs out of Losee... almost.

There is one tree down on Thunder Mountain near the beginning, but that's it.

JMH

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I rode it last Thursday, well worth the 11 hour drive from Cali to get there. Best trail I've ridden in a long time.

mtbr member

Cassidy Trail

I was also in the Red Canyon area over the weekend.

Sat 18/Sun19 at Little Creek Mesa (across the hwy from Gooseberry)
    Mon 20 at Cassidy Trail

I first rode the Cassidy Trail in 2000. It was a sh*t trail then. Lots of trail damage from all the horses. Losee and Casto weren't any fun either, from the horses and ATV's.

But, Red Canyon has been discovered, and all the fat tires have compacted the trails there into sweet single track. Highly recommend Cassidy. Start at Hwy12, head north. Nice gradual climb in the dry creekbed, then a great hate hill grind to the rim. Swoopy along the rim, then gnar dh into Losee. Repeat as you approach Casto. Sweet. Turn around and enjoy a different view on the way back to Hwy12.

I've ridden Thunder Mtn numero times also. One of my favs. And now Cassidy is on that list. I've taken both AM and DH rigs down Thunder Mtn. Until you reach the switchbacks and go off piste, the DH was just too much. Cassidy is definitely AM, possibly XC (if you're comfortable with rock garden descents). A XC would definitely tackle the hate climbs better than AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Current Conditions??

Soo, I've been hearing that there may have been some weather in the Red Canyon area makng the trails nasty. Anyone have the 411 on that? We are about to head up that way, but not if the trails are all muddy.

Thanx