"I want it now!"

Riding in Vernal

So how is the riding in Vernal? We are thinking of a trip in may to do some riding both mountain and motorcycle. Is it worth the trip? What about the camping with dogs? Thank you!

Bored Carp
    The riding and camping in Vernal is kind of like this:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/9169486...7604647165422/

Altitude Cycles in Vernal can give you the lowdown.

Cheers,
    C
    I only attempt to change the world in the appropriate World-Changing venues and forums.

mtbr member
    Aug 2003

Stellar is it

The riding in and around Vernal is pretty stellar.

We have a bit of everything from desert to rocky to mountains- singletrack or doubletrack (take your pick). I would go with trails are about 98% ridable at this point, and the 2% that isn't is just a short trudge through snowbanks to the trail continuation.

Check our area out at www.northeasternutahmtb.org.

Additionally, motorcycle & quad riding (along with general offroading) is fairly awsome. I ride a lot during the clear months and was able to ride most of the winter as well though our record snow pack did screw me up for a couple months. There's everything from wide-open desert screaming to tight, very technical woods single-track up in the mountains.

We also have some decent river running out here on the Green River (I guide during the summer), good hiking & backpacking, and some really good caving.

Check it out.
    Coop