Certified Bike Junkie

Riding on snowmobile trails??

Does anyone ride on snowmobile trails? If so where are some close ones to south salt lake? Corner canyon used to get jeep traffic, making it possible to ride after snow storms, but they installed some new gates, and they never get packed down anymore... I want to get some distance on my winter rides, and Ive heard of people riding on snowmobile trails. Ive just never done it personally , nor do I know where any are. I live out in South Jordan and am wondering if anyone regularly does this or has ever...Any Info would be great
    Check out my BLOG www.joemtbiker.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Gaurdsman Pass has a bunch of smowmobile trails since they shut it down to only snowmobiles in the winter but I don't know how it would be to ride on. But I don't think it would be a good idea to ride on any snowmobile trail because the sled heads are pretty territorial and might try to run you off the trail.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

snowmobile trail riding

If we hit a stretch of high pressure/inversion the East Canyon road is often ridable. They close the gate at the resevoir and they groom it and it gets very little snowmobile traffic and will set up pretty firm with enough time. I've ridden all the way to the top of Big Mtn during an inversion. If it gets too warm or the snow is too fresh, forget about it--no fun sinking into the snow and unable to pedal up.

mtbr member

AF/Tibble

Ed and I rode from Tibble Fork in AF last winter on snowmobile tracks. We made it into Mineral Basin, and almost made it to the Mineral Basin chairlift at Snowbird....we had to turn around because of time.

Certified Bike Junkie
    Wasnt that in the spring though? think that would be rideable in the dead of winter? if so lets do it soon
    Check out my BLOG www.joemtbiker.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Jan 27, 2007. I was on the Moots...skinny tires, because we were planning on riding Lambert Park and at the last minute decided to go try AF.