mtbr member

Riding partner(s) Oct 21-25 in St. George, Hurricane and Thunder Mountain

Am planning to ride in all those areas during the next week. Strong XC rider.

Mark

ito
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I've been looking for someone to ride Hurricane Rim and JEM this weekend. About a 20 mile loop with some awesome singletrack. Saturday or Sunday?

Your Best Friend
    Look up Utah Mountain Biking Adventures.

Monte is a great guide and goes by STT Guy here on MTBR.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Hi everyone,

Sorry for using this thread here for my own purposes but I don't have 5 posts to start my own thread.
    I'm planning a MTB trip on Nov. 19th/20th near St. George. As I'm not from Utah I search the interweb for some information and it seems like the Icehouse trail is nice.
    Did anyone of you ride it before?
    Where can I rent a nice bike ?
    Is anyone interested in riding the trail as well?
    Or do you have better trail suggestions. My focus are Enduro-ish trips..

Thank a lot,
    Thomas

ito
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JTK2011 View Post
    Hi everyone,

Sorry for using this thread here for my own purposes but I don't have 5 posts to start my own thread.
    I'm planning a MTB trip on Nov. 19th/20th near St. George. As I'm not from Utah I search the interweb for some information and it seems like the Icehouse trail is nice.
    Did anyone of you ride it before?
    Where can I rent a nice bike ?
    Is anyone interested in riding the trail as well?
    Or do you have better trail suggestions. My focus are Enduro-ish trips..

Thank a lot,
    Thomas
    You can rent bikes at Over The Edge in Hurricane or at Red Rock Bicycles in St. George. Quentin at OTE has a good supply of 5-6" travel trail bikes and is a good resource for visitors in town. RRB is great as well, little more of a high-end local shop feel than a destination shop (ie. OTE has an espresso machine!).

Icehouse is a great ride, but involves a LONG climb (or shuttle) on a fireroad to get the goods. The descending is great though and hammering through The Cut at the end is going to leave your forearms screaming. Other rides in the area that I would suggest are Barrel Roll in Santa Clara, Zen Trail and the Green Valley Race Loop in St. George, and Gould's Rim to Jem to Hurricane Rim over in Hurricane. All are fast, fairly technical, and provide a great balance of up and down. There is also plenty of slick rock riding if that is your thing as well.

Have fun!