Lev
    You Guys Riding?

Riding Near Ogden?

Hey all,

My gf is running the Ogden marathon this weekend, and therefore we'll be up in the area on Sat. I was wondering what the riding situation is like up there right now. Are the trails dry? Are there any killer rides that are a must do? I told her I'd be on course for the beginning and the end, so that leaves me with prbly a few hours to kill in the mean time.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Lev

wolf mtn ***** whore
    May 2008
    I heard that alot of the shoreline trail is good right now

on yer left
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by FBC2008
    I heard that alot of the shoreline trail is good right now
    I rode it from Rainbow Gardens to Bues yesterday and it's perfect. The only sloppy section is if you drop down into Strong's Canyon as the stream is meandering into that nasty top rock garden.

Lev
    You Guys Riding?
    Quote Originally Posted by radnasty
    I rode it from Rainbow Gardens to Bues yesterday and it's perfect. The only sloppy section is if you drop down into Strong's Canyon as the stream is meandering into that nasty top rock garden.
    Right on. Is that accessible from Ogden Canyon? I think that's where the race is, but I could be wrong. Sounds like the bus pickup is on Washington Blvd. early in the morning (i.e. 5am). The race starts around 7. Any early risers out there?

Also, I was wondering what else is accessible other than BST. I certainly have no issues checking that out, but I was just curious if there are any Ogden epic rides that are not to be missed. Thanks!

on yer left
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Lev
    Right on. Is that accessible from Ogden Canyon? I think that's where the race is, but I could be wrong. Sounds like the bus pickup is on Washington Blvd. early in the morning (i.e. 5am). The race starts around 7. Any early risers out there?

Also, I was wondering what else is accessible other than BST. I certainly have no issues checking that out, but I was just curious if there are any Ogden epic rides that are not to be missed. Thanks!

Rainbow Gardens is at the mouth of Ogden Canyon. I'd ride with ya but I'm leaving town Friday morning. The BST is really the only thing worth riding here right now but don;t fret, it's damn good riding. Antelope Island is also an option but the bugs are getting bad out there. It's def. worth a look though as it's a very surreal place to ride. Everything else is still under feet of snow.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Not much else is dry at the moment. Especially with the traffic arrangements, detours etc. Wheeler creek is dry, but that is only 1.8 miles lone, the good stuff is above that, but it is still a snowy-muddy mess. Southern Skyline is dry for a couple miles as well. There is the pineview-west trail (in eden along the marathon route), which is in great shape, but only 3 miles long (easy singletrack). So if you want a descent ride, go to the shoreline in ogden.

Lev
    You Guys Riding?
    Thanks radnasty and sessions. That is the definitive info I was looking for Guess I'll be heading to the northern BST. Let me know if anyone wants to meet up for a cruise

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I'd love to go.... but i am headed to Moab tomorrow (thurs) for the weekend... Have a good ride!