Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Regular Ride Meet-ups in Moab?

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  ak57 
#1 ·
I'm moving to Moab in the fall. Does anyone meet up for rides on a regular basis? Maybe we can start something up if not. Most of what I've found is tourist oriented..

#4 ·
If you are a cross country rider, you may not find too many riding groups. There are plenty of biking crews/groups in Moab, but they are after downhill with big suspension, not the two inches bull shiz that you find all over the east coast. Once you meet a few people and make friends, you can find a crew to ride with. There is a small Moab core of riders that are out there multiple times per week and they are doing big rides on the weekends or when not working. They are riding the stuff that the tourists have no clue about. So if you move to Moab, be cool, ditch the cross country bike and you will have more riding than your body can handle.

#6 ·
I don't think the amount of suspension you have makes a difference, until the next day when you're recovering............My "cross country" bike has over 5 inches of suspension which is more than a lightweight fella like me needs. If your young and like to ride airborne most of the time more is better, if your old and know about death and injury then less is okay. If your having fun, then it doesn't matter.

#7 ·
Agreed, you don't need a $3,000 DH bike to have fun (was mountain biking not fun 15 years ago?). One of the most fun things I did was taking a razor scooter down some trails behind my house with my friends.

I'm taking my 5in trail bike, not worried about "being cool."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.