Zzzz..

Recommended lodging in Moab for 6/25 - 6/28

I will have a stopover in Salt-Lake City on my return trip home to Massachusetts from California. I decided to kill two birds with one stone and change my return flight so that I can have three days in Moab since the stopover at SLC airport. I am looking for inexpensive lodging in Moab, preferably close to supermarkets and eateries. Just a place to sleep and shower is all I need. I cannot bring my bike either, so I will looking to rent a bike. Any recommendations? Should I also make reservations or play it by ear when I arrive? I will be flying solo in Moab since my friends needed to head back to Boston by Thursday. I plan on reading the sticky in this forum for some information about trails and such.

Rohloff
    I stayed at the Motel 6. It is relatively new, so it's not so bad, it's pretty centrally located, and it's reasonably priced. I rented from Poiston Spider. It seemed like there were a number of good bike shops. I'd call around and see who's got a bike you'd like to ride.

mtbr member
    You shouldn't have any trouble finding a place in June (HOTT with 2 t's). A little research and a few phone calls will produce your hotels (they vary with the season and niceities..lol). They will all be clean enough. Motel 6 a bit North of the main down town area. Red Rock lodge isn't bad and sits right down from the Rio (food and drink) and across from Rim Cyclery.
    It's not an adventure until someone BLEEDS!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

brutal

Quote Originally Posted by crager34
    You shouldn't have any trouble finding a place in June (HOTT with 2 t's). A little research and a few phone calls will produce your hotels (they vary with the season and niceities..lol). They will all be clean enough. Motel 6 a bit North of the main down town area. Red Rock lodge isn't bad and sits right down from the Rio (food and drink) and across from Rim Cyclery.
    He's right Moab then will be 100+ daily. If you wanna ride just stay in SLC or Park City and ride above 6000'. Plenty to see and ride and much cooler.
    I'm think of a tour of Utah about the same time to Thunder Mountain, Fish Lake, Skyline Drive on the Wasatch Plateau some Uintas and perhaps trails near Great Basin NP, NV.
    agmtb

Bike Snob
    Don't let em scare ya, they all must be weak sauce.

Get on the trail by 6am and be done no later than noon and you will be fine. I do it all summer long.

I would point you to the Apache inn as it is an experience you really can't get anywhere else. The Red Rock is nice. Quality Inn has a pool that I have poached a few times and is not far from the Brewery. That time of year everything is cheap.

Rohloff
    Quote Originally Posted by can't get right
    Don't let em scare ya, they all must be weak sauce.

Get on the trail by 6am and be done no later than noon and you will be fine. I do it all summer long.
    I agree. Get up early, go for your ride, and you should be showered and enjoying lunch before it's blazing hot.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Lazy Lizard Hostel

If you truly only need somewhere to shower and sleep, stay at the Lazy Lizard.
    http://www.lazylizardhostel.com/

All Moab bike shops have good rentals. Look at the websites for Poison Spider, Chile Pepper, Moab Cyclery and Rim Cycles and pick the bike you want.

ODB
    mtbr member
    For other local services, i highly recommend the Moab ER. Little waiting, friendly service, and quick, efficient administering of pain medications. Be sure to put a hash mark on the dry-erase board indicating which trail got the best of you.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Apache motel, ride in the morning, drink Eddie McStiffs blueberry wheat till you pass out. Wake up, repeat...
    America is all about speed, hot nasty badass speed.
    -Eleanore Roosevelt

Peace through superior firepower
    -The Bodizypha