mtbr member

Rave on the Guacamole Trail

So this weekend we did a fun different route that goes out near the south rim of the already awesome Guacamole trail!

If you haven't ridden this trail lately you might want to make that trip. There might other routes out there, but the 3 mile add-on we did was technical, then fast and flowy, and just fun! Big thanks to those who figured that out. It's also good for our little towns and businesses cause most of the riders we met were from out of town riding this weekend.
    Last edited by iBallz; 02-27-2012 at 11:48 AM.
    012 Epic Expert 29
    08 Trail SX II
    011 Pinarello
    09 Langster (New York)
    A few other too

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by iBallz View Post
    So this weekend we did a fun different route that goes out near the south rim of the already awesome Guacamole trail!

If you haven't ridden this trail lately you might want to make that trip. There might other routes out there, but the 3 mile add-on we did was technical, then fast and flowy, and just fun! Big thanks to those who figured that out. It's also good for our little towns and businesses cause most of the riders we met were from out of town riding this weekend.
    My posse and I got some rock solid wood on that trail.

Last edited by crashtestdummy; 02-27-2012 at 12:46 PM.

mtbr member
    Before the pic loaded on my slow azz Sprint phone, I was like ... What? TMI LOL!

Ah yes I remember the them dogs. And and yes, lots of old petrified woods up there.
    012 Epic Expert 29
    08 Trail SX II
    011 Pinarello
    09 Langster (New York)
    A few other too

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Just so you know...... there is a pretty strict policy on the taking of that stuff from public lands so don't encourage anyone to take it. The fines are pretty stiff and the locals don't hesitate to drop a dime on those taking it.
    Monte
    Lodging & Guiding for SW Utah Trails
    http://www.vrbo.com/298759
    www.UtahMountainBikingAdventures.com
    MTBR Discounts

I'd rather be biking...
    Quote Originally Posted by STT GUY View Post
    Just so you know...... there is a pretty strict policy on the taking of that stuff from public lands so don't encourage anyone to take it. The fines are pretty stiff and the locals don't hesitate to drop a dime on those taking it.
    Isn't your whole house built with local petrified wood?

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by STT GUY View Post
    Just so you know...., if there is someone that has what it takes to carry off the rock I have in my photo, then I wouldn't be messing with them. That rock has at least 2 feet sticking out of the ground, and it's very secure, so there's a lot more under the surface.

mtbr member
    Thats what I was thinking. Who wants to go mountain biking with 79 pounds of rock in their pack? Besides, where do rock shops get theirs to sell?
    012 Epic Expert 29
    08 Trail SX II
    011 Pinarello
    09 Langster (New York)
    A few other too

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by crashtestdummy View Post
    Just so you know...., if there is someone that has what it takes to carry off the rock I have in my photo, then I wouldn't be messing with them. That rock has at least 2 feet sticking out of the ground, and it's very secure, so there's a lot more under the surface.
    Couple of weeks ago two Canadian couples had picks and shovels outand we're working on a pc that would have went a few hundred pounds easy.
    Monte
    MTBR Discounts

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by iBallz View Post
    Thats what I was thinking. Who wants to go mountain biking with 79 pounds of rock in their pack? Besides, where do rock shops get theirs to sell?
    From private land owners, not from public lands.
    Monte
    MTBR Discounts

~Disc~Golf~
    Am I the only one disappointed by the thread title?

I was expecting a cool rave out in the wilderness
    Honestly... ahh I give up