mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Park City - Where to Stay?

Riding in Park City September 19-23. We are looking for a suggested area to stay.

We will likely pick out a condo via VRBO and are looking for the ideal location: close to riding on Mid Mountain, etc. Any recommendations for neighborhoods?

BTW, we are advanced XC riders, but enjoy technical stuff as well.

MTBR member
    Jan 2007
    I love this place (it's spendy though).

Silver Queen Hotel | Park City, Utah

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I tried to send a private message, but am mostly a lurker and was informed that I haven't posted enough to send a private message. I have 3BR 2BA condo in Bear Hollow which is in Kimball Junction area. I think pretty much anywhere in PC works pretty well as the trail system goes everywhere, so easy to ride anywhere form pretty much anywhere. My condo is VRBO 197702. Let me know if interested.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by memine View Post
    Riding in Park City September 19-23. We are looking for a suggested area to stay.
    PM sent

mtbr member
    You should be able to get some pretty good deals that time of year.

We have stayed in the Empire Pass section of Deer Valley the past several years. In the summer it is relatively reasonably priced for some very nice condo's. My current favorite booking company is Empire Luxury Lodging | Condos and Townhomes for Rent in Deer Valley

We booked through them last year and are staying with them the 1st two weeks in August. They will typically come off their rack rates if you email or call. They are basically booking privately owned condo's.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    washington school inn is a good place in the summer.... at least it used to be. it is downtown and riding distance to everything. kimball is okay for riding, but the good stuff is in town.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Washington school inn was sold and revamped and is one of the more expensive properties in Park City now (more expensive that the Waldorf for example).. There are definitely deals to be had. If you want something pretty nice but super convenient the Treasure Mountain Inn at the top of main street is also a good option. Decent hotel rooms, the staff and rest of the properties are so-so. but its reasonable... They are nice 1 bedroom suites.

Otherwise VRBO is definitely a good recommendation too...

It is a good time to come, lots of deals..

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    We were amazed by the rental rates in summer. Given, we're staying for 5 weeks - but we're in a 5 bed 5 bath house about 300 yards from Silver Lake Lodge and the start of Mid Mountain and paying less than $100 a night.

Use VBRO, but call and make an offer before settling on a price. We'd found a much smaller condo further away. We called the listing agent for the house and offered to pay the same for it as the condo, and they gladly accepted. Seeing how sparsely populated PC is in the offseason, I imagine you can find some killer deals.

FWIW - the place we're staying is called 'Aspen Hollow 2' and it's off Royal Street.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    To Jemezc who sent me a private message. I am still unable to reply as I don't have enough posts. But in any event, my condo is being rented during that weekend. Check out VRBO for PC. there are tons of condos listed. And prices are very good in summer. Steve .