Thread: Park city trip

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Park city trip

I am planning on making a trip out to park city around sept 7-14 would love to get some info on trails not to be missed. I would like to hit the park at least one of the days. I basically ride technical and fast single track. I dont mind climbing so long as I can get some great dh. I'm too old for jumps and big drops.
    I'm also into longer rides when poss.
    I wont be bringing my Heckler for the trip, so a good bike rental spot would also be appreciated.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    http://www.colesport.com

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
    Talk to the HAND!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    http://www.jans.com

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
    Talk to the HAND!!!

mtbr member
    If you have a car with a rack, Demo Bikes - Go-Ride.com Bicycle Shop, Salt Lake City, Utah., otherwise Jan's. Cole or White Pine are up here.

@trailgrinder
    Pick up the local mountain trails trail map for a $5 donation and you will be set. Trails are primo right now! Second any of the suggestions above. Jan's or cold sports are in town so very convenient if you are staying at the resort or on Main Street.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Thanks for the info.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I was up there last week. Went in to Coles for some ride suggestions. They were d-bags, told me to buy a map and gave no recommendations. I will never go in there again. I suggest you try a different shop.
    I liked mid mountain, flying dog, and round valley. Not technical though.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    el poseur
    Thanks for the info. In my research I was looking at mid mountain.

mtbr member
    jans and coles are both awful. if you feel like waiting in line for 20 minutes for somebody to sell you an $11 tube just to get your broke ass out of the shop, I recommend jans. if you don't want to find what you're looking for at all, coles will have it out of stock for a few dollars less. go to white pine touring.
    mid mountain is a good ALL DAY RIDE. bring food and water and a map. (you shouldn't need the map but better to have than not need...plus it's a great map, it supports a GREAT organization, and it makes an awesome poster when you get back)
    for fast, flowy laps, buy a lift ticket to PCMR and take crescent up, then mojave-mid mountain-crescent mine grade down. do that a couple of times, check the map, and you'll see there are at least half a dozen other descents you can piece together from that. spiro is also a classic descent.
    Don't want to buy a lift ticket/got man legs? climb armstrong and then back down (or, if you're a climber, keep going up pinecone...)
    move further north to the glenwild loop. flying dog is one of the best climbs AND descents i've ever done, and there are quite a few other good trails up there. (i love stealth)
    You're only going to have two real problems: you're going to be hard-pressed to find a trail that's NOT incredible, and it's gonna be tough to leave.

Don't forget trailside park!

enjoy!
    Don't buy all the lies that they feed ya.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Thanks for the info phirebug. I'm really hoping to ride as much as possible.

@trailgrinder
    When you showing up? I am p,an nine on riding up there this week as well?

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Just found out that I need to push trip 2 weeks out. More like 21st thru 28th.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jbarr999 View Post
    Just found out that I need to push trip 2 weeks out. More like 21st thru 28th.
    I'll be stopping there to ride Sunday, Sept 22nd on my way out to Moab/Fruita. Also looking for technical riding (trying to avoid buff xc trails) and would be happy to team up w/ someone to run a shuttle. I'll be able to carry 2 other riders.

Justin