Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Park City trail advice for ride with kid (10YO girl)

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  MSU Alum 
#1 ·
We will be in Park City this weekend visiting Grandma, and I am looking for a ride do do with my daughter. I am looking for flowy singletrack without any real steep climbs. She can handle the bike good, but her little femurs don't like huge climbs (yet).

I would like something higher in elevation, but am worried about big climbs on the mountain. Looking at skidmap, Glenwild and Round Valley stuff looks appropriate, but seems kinda warm temperature wise (afternoon ride).

Tell me about a 5 mile ride without big climbs that is fun and flowy that a good little rider on a 24 inch wheeled bike will love, preferably in the trees.

Thank you much.

#5 ·
You've probably ridden with her before, but, just in case....When my youngest son was little, we'd load up his Camelback and pack a snack. Then we'd go on the Mid Mountain for about 200 yards, stop for a snack and some water from the Camelback and head home. He grew to love mountain biking, since he didn't associate any negative pressure with it. He'll be 23 soon and he punishes me mercilessly mountain biking up here. It's a beautiful thing. Patience! Having said that, the suggestions are right on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.