mtbr member
    Jun 2009

park city question/dh

so on the 10th-13th i'm gonna be up in the pc area. last year i rode the stuff at trail side and had tons of fun.

this year i want to ride more lift assisted dh stuff while i am there.

i am familiar with canyons resort and definitely will be doing that. but i am kinda confused on the whole deer valley/park city mountain resort stuff.

is there dh style resort/lift riding in the park city area at a place other than canyons. thanks!
    of if you would reccommend any other lift assisted dh riding in the area i'm down.

i will be doing a day or two at brian head on my drive up from san diego.

but yeah, if anyone can clear up what lift assisted dh riding there is in slc and pc i'd really appreciate it. (i'm only brining my 8" dh bike and not reallllly wanting to do shuttle runs as i'll be in my car)

mtbr member
    you want to go to Deer Valley.
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '01Rocket88< ran over it.. always do a full walk around!
    '00 Homegrown

Swimming thru the Smog
    Apr 2011
    Ride the Bobsled, Crest, and Canyons. Arcylon is good too.

mtbr member
    Canyons is more machine built jump trails and Deer Valley is more rocky rooty technical single track. It gets a bit of a bad rap but personally I enjoy it and will be spending 2 weeks there beginning of August. (it also has a lot for my family which does make a difference in destination selection)

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    thank you. i'll be doing a day at each then. deer valley and canyons.

seems to remind me of the difference between keystone and winterpark.

so my utah dh resort plan then is canyons on july 10th.
    deer valley on july 11th.
    free day for wherever.
    brian head on july 13th.

mtbr member
    hhmm.... keystone... the mountain that beat me july12: beer ( and fries) stupid have to buy food rule.
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '00 Homegrown

Chumley for prez!
    I cannot in good conscience recommend you spend your hard earned dollars at the Canyons (it's a long story that involves an evil corporation from Canada).

Deer Valley is all good though...and by "good" I mean dusty, old school DH.

Another suggestion (while not enough to occupy an entire day) would be to check out Arcylon over in the Jeremy Ranch area...I'm sure you could find someone to show you around there.

mtbr member
    Wolf MT is pretty good too!
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '00 Homegrown

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. welcorn View Post
    I cannot in good conscience recommend you spend your hard earned dollars at the Canyons (it's a long story that involves an evil corporation from Canada).
    Spare us please.

Thanks!

YRG
    mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. welcorn View Post

Deer Valley is all good though...and by "good" I mean dusty, old school DH.

Another suggestion (while not enough to occupy an entire day) would be to check out Arcylon over in the Jeremy Ranch area...I'm sure you could find someone to show you around there.
    I can. There are some good folks on the ground doing some great stuff for us. The riding in our area is much better because of their work.

Chumley for prez!
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyhands View Post
    Spare us please.

Thanks!
    Monkeyhands, thanks for asking so politely, but no I will not spare you today.

YRG. You bring up a great point and I feel I should make a distinction. I totally support the "good folks" on the ground. I agree they are doing good work and I'm sure they're nice guys/gals. It's just too bad they are doing all that great work for a foreignly owned ski resort whose "game plan" doesn't mesh with my personal values/beliefs. It's nothing personal against the trail workers or any Canyons employee...the things I have a problem with are well outside their sphere of influence.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I was at deer valley this week and the trails are in good shape. At the beginning of the week the trails are dusty and loose, but the rain on Thursday and Saturday really helped the trails a lot. You should have a lot of fun 👍

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    i rode canyons yesterday. today is deer valley. should be a fun compare and contrast. thanks for the help guys!

mtbr member
    Any post ride comments on the two resorts?