Bend, OR

Park City conditions

Is Glenwild or any of the other lower elevation stuff melted off yet?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I was up there last weekend and nothing looked close to being rideable... so unless it melted a ton this week. Let's see if anyone else knows... i've been wanting to ride up there.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Rode Glenwild today. The trail up from the lot and back down (making a short loop on the frontside only) was pretty good save for a little snow. The DH trails are totally snowed in right now. I imagine that trails off the backside are also.

Unemployed
    Quote Originally Posted by P-townDave
    Rode Glenwild today. The trail up from the lot and back down (making a short loop on the frontside only) was pretty good save for a little snow. The DH trails are totally snowed in right now. I imagine that trails off the backside are also.
    My neighbor said she was hiking Glenwild and the back side was still very muddy. Apparently that didn't deter a group of idiots from riding it anyway.

on yer left
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Gadget
    . Apparently that didn't deter a group of idiots from riding it anyway.

I laughed.

biking is fun
    yeah only the frontside is good. it was looking pretty rideable until that storm hit a few days ago. i work right across the freeway so i see it from the parking lot.
    probably a couple of weeks of sun whould make the dh runs doable.

Pedal Bike
    Nov 2005

Jordanelle

The backside of the Jordanelle is great. If interested in riding PC w/o the mud, try
    this....It beats not riding at all....Round Valley is still a long ways away.....
    "Never write when you can talk. Never talk when you can nod. And never put anything in an e-mail." - Eliot Spitzer, former NY state attorney general

Bend, OR
    well sh*t, now I can see for myself how much snow there is. too much.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Anybody got an update on the DJs in Park City?

Unemployed
    Quote Originally Posted by P-townDave
    Anybody got an update on the DJs in Park City?
    My son went to the DJ park Sunday and said it's in good condition.

banned

I was there

on sunday too. Had me a freaking blast!

Lev
    You Guys Riding?
    Glenwild update for this weekend?

Bend, OR
    most of the round valley stuff is now good, north/east facing stuff on the 40 side is still muddy.

Bend, OR
    Rode all of Glenwild today, its good except for two 20 foot muddy sections on the backside, both of which can easily be walked. The trail closed signs are still up, I'm not sure why.

Bend, OR
    If anyone's wondering:

Mormon Pioneer in East Canyon won't be good for a while. Moose Hollow/Canyon Creek/Switchback trail is good. Maingy Moose won't be good for a while either.

Everything in the Glenwild/24-7 area is good, other than some sections of Flying Dog.

Gambel Oak/Lost prospector/Masonic is good. Most of Solamere is good, but there's a big drift on the backside of Snowtop, easily walkable.

Too bad the warm weathers coming to an end..

The Tyranical Teabagger
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross W.
    If anyone's wondering:

Mormon Pioneer in East Canyon won't be good for a while. Moose Hollow/Canyon Creek/Switchback trail is good. Maingy Moose won't be good for a while either.

Everything in the Glenwild/24-7 area is good, other than some sections of Flying Dog.

Gambel Oak/Lost prospector/Masonic is good. Most of Solamere is good, but there's a big drift on the backside of Snowtop, easily walkable.

Too bad the warm weathers coming to an end..

Mormon Pioneer trail is awesome early season with all the down trees Good to know about Gambel Oak and LP...plan on riding it tomorrow at lunch.
    I like bikes.
    2012 Transition TransAm 29er
    Salsa Selma with 80m Lefty

Bored Carp
    FWIW, I went to check out the Glenwild stuff this morning, hoping to get a ride in before the rain started. The rain got there first, and Glenwild is too muddy to ride right now, starting just a few feet from the parking lot, so no ride for me. Looks like we will need another spell of hot weather before even the front side is good again.
    I only attempt to change the world in the appropriate World-Changing venues and forums.

Bend, OR
    New update:

Spiro and Sweeneys are good for the first mile and a half or so. Singletrack portion of the town loop is almost all good, it'll be 100% rideable in about a week I'd guess, barring any more new snow. As it was I made it to the the top of the Payday lift via Sweeneys/Johns/Town with only a few short sections of walking through drifts and a couple blowdowns. Lots of branches sticking out from all the snow this winter though, that sh*t hurts.