Pedaler of dirt

Park City Bike Rental or Ship Bike

Looks like I've got the chance to visit Park City in July and of course I need to check out the trails while I'm there. Question is, do I ship my bike or rent one from a store? Can anyone recommend a store to rent quality bikes from?

I've seen a few stores listed online, but none of them list the bikes they rent.

Cheers in advance for any info.
    It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Per last summer:
    Jans Sports primarily rents Treks and some other higher end brands (forget exactly which).
    Colesport only rents Giants.

I think Deer Valley rents Giants as well.
    No idea what, if anything, Canyons rents.
    Other shops down in SLC rent bikes, like Canyon Sports and Utah Ski & Golf, just no idea what.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    White Pines Touring is where I would rent a bike if needed....an all around quality shop in both Winter & Summer!!

Picture Unrelated
    What kind of bike do you ride, what kind of bike would you like to ride, and what kind of riding are you looking to do? White Pine Touring is my (biased) favorite shop but WPT, Jans, and Cole Sport all rent bikes as well as some other places. Their rental fleets are typically 5" FS bikes and hardtails and each shop should also have higher priced "demo" bikes which represent higher end bikes that each sells.
    Don't you hate it when a sentence doesn't end the way you think it octopus?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Not meaning to pimp Cole Sport, but I remember them having nearly the full line of Giant bikes. From 120mm Trances, to the 29ers to the Reigns, likely even the Glory.

Jans was a bit more of a mix, as they didn't focus on one bike brand.

Pedaler of dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by zebrahum View Post
    What kind of bike do you ride, what kind of bike would you like to ride, and what kind of riding are you looking to do? White Pine Touring is my (biased) favorite shop but WPT, Jans, and Cole Sport all rent bikes as well as some other places. Their rental fleets are typically 5" FS bikes and hardtails and each shop should also have higher priced "demo" bikes which represent higher end bikes that each sells.
    I enjoy the ride up almost as much as the buzz down and would like to rent a 5/6" travel AM bike. I ride an old Turner 6pack and I'm trying to work out whether to ship the bike or find something similar to rent.

Cheers to all for the into, I'm going to start making some phone calls to see what's available.
    It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012

19 Sports

Come by 19sports located at the Village shops 710 main street they have a full supply of bikes for all your needs