Luddite technophile

OK - first Utah thread! Favorite Trail?

I guess mine would be the Bonneville Shoreline Trail above Salt Lake City. It's a great ride on a Summer evening. Everytime I ride it I feel lucky to live here.

mtbr member
    The bobsled or the roller coaster are my favorites. I also like Ridge Trail 157.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I like Shoreline, but I think I like Meuller(when it is not too crowded) better. I enjoy riding Shoreline, from city creek, to Meuller and back if I have the time. I will settle to ride anything right now!

Luddite technophile

todays ride

Quote Originally Posted by SLCRider
    I like Shoreline, but I think I like Meuller(when it is not too crowded) better. I enjoy riding Shoreline, from city creek, to Meuller and back if I have the time. I will settle to ride anything right now!
    Yep - me too. I did the Shoreline trail from the zoo to the University this morning on my way to work. It was very hard. As long as you stayed on the packed foot trail it was OK - but very hard to do that. I endoed four or five times and had to walk much of the uphill. Still, it was riding.

I'll have to try that City Creek to Mueller next summer. Usually I do Dry Creek, up to the ridge and then over to the 5-way intersection (@ bobsled), then back.

This ride is mainly my favorite because it's my "home" ride. I usually hit it with about an hour or so of daylight left on summer evenings.

mtbr member

Flying Monkey

The Flying Monkey in Southern Utah! Its right next to Virgin

I Just Ride....

My SLC, Utah favs...

Mueller is a great close ride, so is Wasatch Crest.
    Pipeline is a memorable fav too, because I broke my leg there last year.
    Love Porcupine Rim too!
    Lots in South too! Gooseberry and others!
    I need a ride!
    Brian
    Artistic Mountain Bike Photography
    My MTBR Gallery
    "I Ride my bike, to Ride my bike...."
    From a Zen proverb

mtbr member
    Try the run that goes from the top of brighton right through the snowboard park! We have been sneaking up there bout 2 times a week lately.

You'd be surprised how well mud tires hook up.
    "When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading."
    Henny Youngman.

mtbr member
    Amassa Back - Moab
    Nice technical climb to a great overlook...back down for a killer downhill full of ledges, drops and rocks. And I met Allison Dunlap on Amassa, one of her Moab fav's. Who knew an XC racer type would like such a technical trail?
    Phillipians 2:3-8 "...but (Christ) made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant..."

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by bikeCOLORADO
    Amassa Back - Moab
    Nice technical climb to a great overlook...back down for a killer downhill full of ledges, drops and rocks. And I met Allison Dunlap on Amassa, one of her Moab fav's. Who knew an XC racer type would like such a technical trail?
    I'll second that. I rode Amasa Back for the first time last Fall, and it was awesome. A definite must-do-again.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Utah Rides!

Hello,

I have ridden a many of the trails that several of you mentioned. Last year, I bought a bike and started riding again after many years off the bike. We rode Bobsled and Rollercoster, we Rode Mueller park and peddaled several of the resorts - Solitude and Snow Basins' trail systems rock! By far my favorite "Don't Miss" ride of last year was the "Wasatch Crest Trail"

We started at Guardsmans pass, rode the Wasatch Crest Trail to Little Water Trail in MillCreek Canyon, rode a bit of pavement to the top portion of the Pipeline Trail, took the Rattlesnake Gulch turn-off (Great little trail!!!) and then bombed the remaining pavement of MillCreek Caynon to the bottom - (shuttle needed for this route). The total miles traveled was about 26. It was mid-late fall and the colors were awesome, the temps mild and the trail was all but void of other riders/hikers. Great ride. I receommend it to you all!!

Peace out!

Neb

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

... and if we just ... Something Different at Big Mt. Pass

Here's a great ride 20 minutes from downtown SLC, called the Big Mountain Pass tour.

Start at the Mormon Pioneer Trail next to Mt. Dell Res. (up I-80). Climb roughly 6-miles to Big Mountain Pass, it's a constant up at a very managable 6% grade (double/single trax). Here you can turn around and head back, but you'd miss the sweetest downhill to Mormon Flat (roughly 4-miles). Turn around and climb back to Big Mt. Pass for more DH action or make a loop by connecting to the Sheep Trail out of Jeremy Ranch (roughly 27-miles). There are a bunch of loops off Big Mt., some for fun, others will crush you. There's a dvd tour guides at local shops that's pretty cool and shows a bunch of hot Wasatch ride locations.

ride tuff, ride often.
    Big Mountain Pass

Luddite technophile

all those and more

That loop trail starting at the bottom of Little Emigration through Jeremy Ranch and up Big Mountain, then down Little Em. is great. So is the Wasatch Crest. And Solitude, and Park City Trails, and Amasa Back. They are all "better" trails than the Shoreline Trail. The Shoreline Trail is just special for me. Anyway - lots of great trails in this state. I can't wait for summer to try some new ones.

Who's that guy?

I need to get down to SLC

My fave is Porcupine Rim but up here in Logan I like the Jardine Juniper trail. Its not technical but a real grinder on the way up. Great views and a blast coming back down.
    [SIZE=2]
    Slow and steady gets you...7th place.
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]"Hey! Where is everybody going??"[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Park City to Crest.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkan
    My fave is Porcupine Rim but up here in Logan I like the Jardine Juniper trail. Its not technical but a real grinder on the way up. Great views and a blast coming back down.
    I think one of my favorite "epics" is to start in Park City, ride one of the singletracks up to the Jupiter lift and then ride Heart attack hill up to the crest. Ride the crest trail to the road and then take the trail all the way into SLC. Great climbing and even better descending. Of course A big burrito afterwards and a car ride home to Park City makes it even better. It is a much nicr feeling than shuttling your car up guardsmans and then just riding downhill..... For Park City local trails I love riding up Daly canyon, over to Deer Valley, down twist and Shout and then back up to the Park City resort to The jupiter lift with the sick long fast Spiro Trail Downhill. That is a great 4+ hour blast.

All this talk is killing me, I live in Massachusetts now.......

mtbr member
    My favorite local trail is Jardine Juniper trail (Logan).

I have a picture but it's too big.
    Last edited by Shannon-UT; 03-26-2004 at 04:38 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Anyone tried the trails up Spanish Fork Canyon? I have been up there on a dirt bike but not yet on a MTB. The trail coming down from the tower would be a real fun DH with lots of drops and jumps.

mx

mtbr member

Good job!

Meuller is just awesome if it isn't too crowded. We've found that once up and down isn't enough, but the bottom half is just crowded. You can ride the top half (from the turn off up) without seeing anyone else many times. Many great days on that trail.

I love spending a weekend in Park City, and staying out 4-6 hours just linking from trail to trail. John's run in Park City is awesome, along with many other trails in that area.

I can't wait for the snow to melt.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by motoxpress
    Anyone tried the trails up Spanish Fork Canyon? I have been up there on a dirt bike but not yet on a MTB. The trail coming down from the tower would be a real fun DH with lots of drops and jumps.

mx
    I had my buddy shuttle me up to the top on a 4 wheeler and drop me off a couple of years ago. If you go back past the tower, to the reflector towers on the next mountain over theres an awsome freeride trail that lands you down in Thistle. Its a slow technical trail with plent of drops, or if your addicted to speed, just fly back down the tower trail. If you've gone up the back way, (behind the dream mine) then on the front of the look out on the hill, theres a trails that goes straight down the side of the mountain. I've not yet had the balls to ride it, but if your into STEEEP, this is the ticket. I have yet to see a bike on this trail, but durring the summer time, tons of people motor it up.
    "cause I'm the son of a ***** that named you sue..."

mtbr member

New question here. favs

So far Porc is my favorite then Goosberry. I keep hearing about a Moab epic called the whole enchilada but I can't find detailed directions. Can anyone help me out with that.