mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Ogden/West Point trail recommendations

Good day!

I will be in the West Point/Ogden area visiting family the week of July 23rd. Can anyone recommend the must ride trails that are somewhat close to that area (less than 20 minutes driving)?

Thanks in advance!

MTBR member
    Jan 2007
    I believe you can ride the river parkway from West Point area up to the Ogden BST.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    OK, good. So I searched what BST stands for. Looks like there are a lot of trails around there. I wasn't very specific about what I was looking for - my bad. Looks like BST system is my ticket, just need to know where to catch on for the best ride.

I'd like something that is about 10 miles or so round trip, some good technical and strong climbing work.

Any other recommendations around the area? What about Skyline or Mueller (I just found those online).

Mtn Biker Machinist
    Coming from West Point, your best bet is to take I-15 north to Riverdale Rd. exit and take Riverdale Rd. northeast to 36th St. Follow 36th St. east to Harrison Blvd., then Harrison north to 30th. 30th east to Tyler Ave., Tyler north to 29th St. east until it ends. That is one of the trail heads for the Bonneville Shoreline Trail. You can ride north or south and get a 10 mi roundtrip.

Probably about 20 min driving, but the easiest and closest access point to you. There is a trailhead at 36th st., but finding the Shoreline trail from there is tricky.

Now, if you want a more epic ride, do the Wheeler Creek/Art Nord/Maples/Ogden Overlook/Sardine Peak trail. A little further away, and closer to 20 miles, but soooo worth it!

Feel free to PM me if you have questions. I may even be available to ride with you depending on when you go.

frog

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Thanks Frog

very helpful. I'll connect with you closer to our travel dates. See y'all on the trails!

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    We ride in the Ogden area almost every Monday evening. We've been riding in the Snowbasin area lately:

Snowbasin Maples Sardine Icebox Wheeler - YouTube

And we usually hit the Bonneville Shoreline Trail in the Spring or Fall when there's less sunlight and heat because it faces west:

Bonneville Shoreline Trail Ogden - YouTube

You're welcome to join us. And here's Mueller Park in case you were interested. It's a great trail but crowded.

Mueller Park Bountiful - YouTube

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    We ride in the Ogden area almost every Monday evening. We've been riding in the Snowbasin area lately:

Snowbasin Maples Sardine Icebox Wheeler - YouTube

And we usually hit the Bonneville Shoreline Trail in the Spring or Fall when there's less sunlight and heat because it faces west:

Bonneville Shoreline Trail Ogden - YouTube

You're welcome to join us. And here's Mueller Park in case you were interested. It's a great trail but crowded.

Mueller Park Bountiful - YouTube
    Sombeech - any group ride plans tomorrow? I think I'm gonna ride BST because it seems pretty close to where we are staying...but I may be able to join the ride tomorrow depending on the time.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Sorry for the missed question. We've usually been riding Monday nights. Are you on facebook by chance? Hit me up there as I can get the notifications easily from my phone.

facebook.com/justinmcfarland

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Sorry for the missed question. We've usually been riding Monday nights. Are you on facebook by chance? Hit me up there as I can get the notifications easily from my phone.

facebook.com/justinmcfarland
    That's ok man. We are leaving back home tomorrow morning anyway. I rode BST a bunch of times this week and antelope island a few other times because it was really close to the house we were staying at. I couldnt find enough time to get to anywhere else. I wanted to get up to snowbasin....oh well.

Good trails guys. Really nice they are close to town, etc.