MTBR member
    Jan 2007

Ogden/Ogden Trails Jerseys

The Ogden Trails Network is thinking of doing some bike jerseys. If you'd be interested, let me know. We do not have a design or price yet; just getting a feel for interest. Thanks!

@trailgrinder
    I would be game, i always support the local stuff and would fork over some cash for a good local organization.

mtbr member
    I'd be interested as well. Would it be more of a baggy or tighter fitting jersey?

@trailgrinder
    Are you going to have a design contest? I visited the Facebook page and figure that would be a great way to ensure they are liked. It would be sweet to collaborate with a company like twin six too. There collaborations are sweet.

MTBR member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Live2rideUtah View Post
    Are you going to have a design contest? I visited the Facebook page and figure that would be a great way to ensure they are liked. It would be sweet to collaborate with a company like twin six too. There collaborations are sweet.
    I like the contest idea. MMMmmmm...

Looks like Primal Wear may be our best option. They are much less expensive than their competitors. Cost should be about $55.00 (no mark-up). My biggest concern is meeting the 15 piece minimum. I think we can get OTN committee members to buy some (5 or more).

As far as style goes, you can choose from a variety of styles within a price bracket (I think). For example, you could choose loose, racer cut, or DH.

I still need to run all of this by the OTN committee next week for approval before pressing forward. I'd also like to see if Weber Pathways would like to collaborate, or even some retailers. Might help wwith cost.

I hope to press on with this at the end of next week, and come up with a design or contest.

@trailgrinder
    I would love to participate, I live n Layton but ride in Ogden quite frequently. You might want to hit some local sites also to see if the interest is here. Bogley.com. Utahmountainbiking.com. What about soe local sponsors? Enve? Suunto? Etc.

Mtn Biker Machinist
    I would be interested in a jersey. A design contest sounds good. I would also hit up Skyline Cycles and maybe even QBP.

frog

MTBR member
    Jan 2007
    I haven't talked to any retailers or vendors yet, but with committee approval, I intend to. I was mistaken about mixing jersey styles though. We can only do one style at this time (15 pieces); I think most people would like a loose fit MTB jersey. The lead time is about 8-10 weeks. I hope to have the order placed by the end of Feb. If you know anybody that wants a jersey?

MTBR member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Live2rideUtah View Post
    I would love to participate, I live n Layton but ride in Ogden quite frequently. You might want to hit some local sites also to see if the interest is here. Bogley.com. Utahmountainbiking.com. What about soe local sponsors? Enve? Suunto? Etc.
    ENVE has stepped up and made a sizeable contribution to the OTN! The jerseys will have the ENVE log on them.

@trailgrinder
    I would be game for a standard cycling jersey then it can be sported at racing events too

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Count me in on a jersey!
    Also how does one get involved with the OTN? Noob question I know but gotta start somewhere.

MTBR member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildebeast View Post
    Count me in on a jersey!
    Also how does one get involved with the OTN? Noob question I know but gotta start somewhere.
    We have a lot of projects planned for this year and will need lot's of volunteer help. If we meet our funding goals, we are going to update and replace all of our signage. This will require a ton of volunteer help. We will regularly post volunteer opportunities on our FB page. Things have been slow with the weather and the holidays though.

Our committee meetings are held on the 3rd Thursday of each month @ 4:30 in the 7th floor conference room of the Ogden municiple building. Everybody is welcome to attend. If you have something you would like on the agenda, you will have to email it in advance to MarieAlvord@ci.ogden.ut.us and attend the corresponding meeting. We do have a full plate next week. If you have any other questions, let me know!