Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Ogden Bonneville Shoreline after ride grub/beer suggestion

882 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  OperatorBo 
#1 ·
Hit the Slackwater Pub/Pizzeria tonight after a very nice ride from 22nd St Trail head down to Mt Ogden trail and back. Pizza was amazing and they had 8 taps and like 50 bottled beers. It's in that space next to Bingham Cyclery on Washington. I'm sure some of your are bummed about the wall they put up between the bike shop and the restaurant but this place is easy to ride/drive from the trail. The owner was very cool and took time to describe how most of their food is entirely made from scratch and he guarantees it will be tasty. He was right. The pizza had perfect crust (thin-ish) and a spicy marinara sauce option. They've even got their own yeast for the pizza dough. The buzz was that their Chili Verde Nachos are the best ever. I didn't have room for all that by myself. This was a perfect encore to a very enjoyable ride. Hope it can do the same for your next ride.

#3 ·
So we ate there tonight, all in all I was a pretty underwhelmed. We had the chile verde nachos and a 5 cheese pizza. The nachos were decent (a little overly salty), but way too big to be an appetizer unless you have 4 or more people. The crust on the pizza was nice, but ours had almost no sauce and the cheese was so overpowering and salty that I couldn't taste much else. If I were to go back I would do a custom pizza with mozzarella, marinara, tomatoes, and bell peppers. The beer selection was pretty impressive though. They seem to have some kinks to work out (they need a margherita pizza) but there is potential.

#4 ·
We ate there this afternoon. I thought it was great! I am from Chicago originaly, so I am kind of a pizza snob. LOL! I thought the Pizza was pretty good. Fire roasted pizza like you find in Italy. But, they do have alot, I mean alot of good beers, and combined with sitting outside next to the Ogden river, made for a nice relaxing lunch. Or if riding on the trails, you can stop and have a good beer. Nice to see places like this popping up in Utah.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.