Thread: North Ogden BST

mtbr member

North Ogden BST

For those of you that ride this trail, you will be glad to know that the north/west end of the trail (yes, the one that had survived quite well all winter, and actually had some interesting features to it) has been properly sanitized, dumbed down, and is ready for strollers and training wheels. In other words, it looks just like the rest of the trail now instead of having anything challenging or fun, like boulders or embeded rocks. You will also be glad to know that whoever put in all the volunteer hours to do that, and it look like it took a few, didn't bother work south and remove the shrubs and stick that scrape your shins or almost poke your eye out. Or remove any of the loose smaller rocks that dent your downtube or slash your tire. Those are still there to enjoy!!!

I'm sure they mean well, but why do they always do the same thing?

MTBR member
    Jan 2007
    Be careful coming off the divide road too. I got a ticket. There's a big-time speed trap at the bottom.

Mtn Biker Machinist
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie View Post
    Be careful coming off the divide road too. I got a ticket. There's a big-time speed trap at the bottom.
    You got a ticket for exceeding the speed limit on your bike? Nice, I have only ever gone that fast maybe once or twice on a bike. What is the posted speed limit?

OT: Maybe NOPD is trying to generate some revenue to cover the medical costs after their Chief shot himself during training!

MTBR member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 cog frog View Post
    You got a ticket for exceeding the speed limit on your bike? Nice, I have only ever gone that fast maybe once or twice on a bike. What is the posted speed limit?

OT: Maybe NOPD is trying to generate some revenue to cover the medical costs after their Chief shot himself during training!
    I was driving; the speed drops from 45-55 to 30, so be careful. NOPD has a speedtrap set up at the bottom of the divide

mtbr member
    Too bad. A speeding ticket on your bike would be a badge of honor. You could frame it and hang it on your office wall.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Draper PD will "talk sternly" with you about your speed on the road coming down Traverse Ridge...

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Isn't it a multi-use trail that existed before mountain bikes. The FS is just doing their bike.

MTBR member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
    Isn't it a multi-use trail that existed before mountain bikes. The FS is just doing their bike.
    If you are referring to the North Ogden BST, I believe it's Rocky Mountain Power's property. Weber Pathways paid IMBA to build the trail (also using RAMP funds). It has lot's of nice hidden bike features (berms, jumps, etc). The trail (excluding the bottom) is all new.

mtbr member
    Wookie is correct. The BST in North Ogden was just built last summer by an IMBA crew. They are actually supposed to put in another few miles this summer (through to Pole Patch) from what I hear.