Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: castnblastut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    232

    No more crest shuttle?

    Wasatch Crest-Mountain Bike Shuttles

    To bad. A lot of great rides and stories off Andy's shuttle.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MSU Alum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,062
    Odd that people don't just ride to the top.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Tystevens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,561
    Funny, I think the same thing about people pedaling up when there are perfectly good shuttle options!

    There is still Big Rack, I suppose (I liked them better, anyway).
    '11 Specialized Enduro Expert for the trails
    '13 Felt Z4 for the road

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,033
    I'm guessing MSU is looking at it from a PC'er's perspective where Armstrong->Pinecone is an excellent day of climbing on a bike, and Ty (rightfully) thinks pedaling up 16 miles on asphalt on a mountain bike is not fun.

    I've done both and really just depends on the mood, level of energy and more importantly, time available.

  5. #5
    Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,829
    Riding the r%@d to mountain bike is like eating a hot pocket before your favorite slice of pizza.
    It tastes bad, and ruins your appetite for the quality stuff.
    Last edited by rideit; 09-04-2013 at 04:00 PM.
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

    And then we eat them."

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: The Boz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    327
    ^ That is an awesome analogy!

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    21
    gonna be coming out to utah in a month to visit some friends and was hoping to shuttle wasatch crest while they're at work during the day. are there still other operations running shuttles?

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,771
    we used DD shuttle and it was excellent.
    Monte
    Lodging & Guiding for SW Utah Trails
    http://www.vrbo.com/298759
    www.UtahMountainBikingAdventures.com
    MTBR Discounts

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MSU Alum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,062
    There was a big shuttle van at the bottom of PCMR this morning, loading up bikes, but I didn't catch the name of the company.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MSU Alum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,062
    Quote Originally Posted by phsycle View Post
    I'm guessing MSU is looking at it from a PC'er's perspective where Armstrong->Pinecone is an excellent day of climbing on a bike, and Ty (rightfully) thinks pedaling up 16 miles on asphalt on a mountain bike is not fun.

    I've done both and really just depends on the mood, level of energy and more importantly, time available.
    For those interested, Jenni's to Tommy Two Step (TTS, new about a month ago, get on above The Steps trail head) which becomes Keystone, is an even easier way to get to Shadow Lake....you still are faced with Puke Hill, but at least you are fresh for it. Conversely, down to TTS to the yurt, then down Mojave to Jenni's to CMG (which has been enhanced with great berms, is in great shape!) is a nice downhill route whether you've shuttled up or not..

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    32
    I'm not in nearly as a good a shape as MSU. I take a shuttle from PC to top of Guardsmans Pass to do Crest trail. There is still a van running. the owner (who is a character) is Dennis. His tele. no. is 435-571-8294.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    32
    Just saw someone above referenced DD shuttle. that is Dennis.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MSU Alum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,062
    Quote Originally Posted by stenou View Post
    I'm not in nearly as a good a shape as MSU. I take a shuttle from PC to top of Guardsmans Pass to do Crest trail. There is still a van running. the owner (who is a character) is Dennis. His tele. no. is 435-571-8294.
    Who says I'm in good shape?

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    32
    From my out of shape perspective,given that you are older than me, ( and I am old) I think you may be a cyborg.

  15. #15
    YRG
    YRG is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    272

    No more crappy trails please

    Quote Originally Posted by MSU Alum View Post
    For those interested, Jenni's to Tommy Two Step (TTS, new about a month ago, get on above The Steps trail head) which becomes Keystone, is an even easier way to get to Shadow Lake....you still are faced with Puke Hill, but at least you are fresh for it. Conversely, down to TTS to the yurt, then down Mojave to Jenni's to CMG (which has been enhanced with great berms, is in great shape!) is a nice downhill route whether you've shuttled up or not..
    with the exception of the berms at the very end, all the new stuff is more sh#]]y trail design. Long straight sections, switchbacks disguised to look like berms, and lots of unfinished work. How are we going to improve when we keep doing the same stupid stuff over and over again?

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MSU Alum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,062
    Quote Originally Posted by YRG View Post
    with the exception of the berms at the very end, all the new stuff is more sh#]]y trail design. Long straight sections, switchbacks disguised to look like berms, and lots of unfinished work. How are we going to improve when we keep doing the same stupid stuff over and over again?
    You have to keep in mind the target audience for these trails. They are beginner-intermediate level. We have almost 400 miles of trails; there's plenty there for advanced riders. When you put in trails like Jenny's and Tommy Two Step, you're opening up the higher elevations to weaker riders. Not a bad thing.

  17. #17
    Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,829
    Quote Originally Posted by MSU Alum View Post
    Odd that people don't just ride to the top.
    R@D is a four letter word.
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

    And then we eat them."

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MSU Alum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,062
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    R@D is a four letter word.
    Ride the TRAIL to the top, not the (evil four letter word).

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,918
    You don't have to ride the road to ride the crest from slc. From the top of millcreek climbing to deso lake and back down to the car is like a 2-2.5 hour ride. Takes longer to drive up big cottonwood, and then retrieve the car.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

    http://www.vrbo.com/392904

    PM me

Similar Threads

  1. New I9 Torch with Crest Rims or Dt 240 with Crest Rims?
    By jamas1395 in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-20-2013, 09:06 AM
  2. BCT shuttle
    By 2BeerJoe in forum Arizona
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-17-2013, 06:12 AM
  3. ISO: Shuttle for Henry's Mtn loop this weekend -- new CDT->Mile shuttle
    By Montana Rider in forum Idaho, Montana, Wyoming
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-10-2012, 06:11 AM
  4. Wasatch crest shuttle
    By cklog in forum Utah
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-06-2012, 06:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •