mtbr member

New Amassa Back Trail??

I ran across this video over on utahmountainbiking.com :

Anybody know where this is going to be?

Paste eater
    I don't know specifics, but evidently is going to be on top of the rim that jacksons skirts. Not sure where the trail head will start but I would imagine somewhere after Cliff Hanger and near the junction of RS/Jacksons/Amasa

NOT Team Sanchez
    Hmm, looks cool. I'd love to skip the hike out of Rock Stacker!
    I like bikes.

Paste eater
    Quote Originally Posted by wasea04 View Post
    Hmm, looks cool. I'd love to skip the hike out of Rock Stacker!
    Well that's easy, just go down Jacksons

But seriously, I don't think this trail well help with that.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    the trail in the video will start in the vicinity of the false summit and go south and east, to rejoin the amasa back jeep road near the bottom. it is being talked about as predominantly a difficult downhill course, although not impossible to enjoy going up.
    Last edited by jan_nikolajsen; 02-04-2013 at 01:08 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jan_nikolajsen View Post
    ... it is being talked about as predominantly a difficult downhill course, although not impossible to enjoy going up.
    Awesome!
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Great planning and trailbuilding going on in Moab area. Cant wait to get back there and ride the new trails. Thanks Moab folks.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Awesome!
    What he said.

mtbr member
    the trail in the video will start in the vicinity of the false summit and go south and west, to rejoin the amasa back jeep road near the bottom. it is being talked about as predominantly a difficult downhill course, although not impossible to enjoy going up.
    I'm being a little bit directionally challenged here. Are you talking the false summit on the climb up Amasa Back jeep road (before the cliff hanger section)? If it is this section, south and west would put you directly off the cliff. I'm sure that I am reading your info. incorrectly. Can you elaborate a little bit?

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by neilether View Post
    I'm being a little bit directionally challenged here. Are you talking the false summit on the climb up Amasa Back jeep road (before the cliff hanger section)? If it is this section, south and west would put you directly off the cliff. I'm sure that I am reading your info. incorrectly. Can you elaborate a little bit?
    Correct. My wrong. That would be south and EAST. Also edited original post.

mtbr member
    Correct. My wrong. That would be south and EAST. Also edited original post.
    Ahh, makes much more sense. Thanks for the clarification. I look forward to seeing it.

beater
    Yeah, this will be a great option for a quick loop. Thanks to everyone involved.

mtbr member
    Any idea of when this will be ready to go? Planning a Mid-April trip and would like to check it out if possible.

mtbr member
    That vid is surprisingly awesomeo. I like seeing the huge rock inch around. Thanks for doing the heavy lifting trail builders!

More Chasmism
    Walked through the completed sections today. This will be a total game changer for Amasa. Beautiful, flowy ST.

hfly

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hfly View Post
    Walked through the completed sections today. This will be a total game changer for Amasa. Beautiful, flowy ST.

hfly

Nothing beats a new trail! Do you think it will melt fast and not hold snow like Jackson's?

More Chasmism
    Almost the exact opposite exposure of Jackson's. Therefore, little held snow, just like the main Amasa climb a Kayenta ledge level or two above it.

As I said, this trail is game changer for Amasa, like UPS and LPS were for Porc, or Pothole and Rockstacker were for Amasa years ago. It will be very popular.

hfly

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Thanks to everyone involved.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by neilether View Post
    Any idea of when this will be ready to go? Planning a Mid-April trip and would like to check it out if possible.
    I'm planning a trip around the same time - I'm excited for this trail. Any idea what the estimated time to completion is?!?

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Worked/raked/broke rocks for a few hours on this trail on Thursday and hope to go out again next week. The lower half should be rideable and lap-able from Amasa Back very soon. Very soon.

The flow is great! It's not a techstravaganza like Rock Stacker or the Jackson's switchbacks, but it's not as mellow as Mag 7. The routing is smooth and the optional lines are beauties with some solid ledge drops to reasonable transitions.

JMH

beater
    Awesome! Thanks for the update and the sweat, JMH. I'm really looking forward to checking it out in April.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Will you have a .gpx file on it?

mtbr member

Re: New Amassa Back Trail??

Awesome to hear that!
    Do you think it will be considered a one way downhill trail or will it be fun to do as an out and back, essentially bypassing part of the main Amasa back trail?
    Is it pretty easy to find?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pat656 View Post
    Will you have a .gpx file on it?
    I am also interested in this GPS file if anybody has one.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Quote Originally Posted by evasive View Post
    Awesome! Thanks for the update and the sweat, JMH. I'm really looking forward to checking it out in April.
    It's been a year long dream of a few dedicated folks and I was only out there for a couple of hours, so I wont take any credit. I am looking forward to it as well!

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    It's going to be recommended downhill only. Unsure about the schedule for the upper portion which is mostly paint on rock, but the lower portion is easy to find if you head out the Minesweeper jeep road at the Step Up jump. You will see the tire tracks. It comes out at the very first switchback of the traditional Amasa climb, a few hundred yards up from the wash.

It's still not officially open and I don't have any say-so, so please respect the diggers and go ask at Poison Spider if it's ready to go. Thumbs up!

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by JMH View Post
    It's going to be recommended downhill only. Unsure about the schedule for the upper portion which is mostly paint on rock, but the lower portion is easy to find if you head out the Minesweeper jeep road at the Step Up jump. You will see the tire tracks. It comes out at the very first switchback of the traditional Amasa climb, a few hundred yards up from the wash.

It's still not officially open and I don't have any say-so, so please respect the diggers and go ask at Poison Spider if it's ready to go. Thumbs up!
    :thumbup:

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Lower Ahab is signed, painted and officially open.

beater

New Amassa Back Trail??

Awesome. Very excited to check this out.

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    It is sick. Rode it today. A+
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP - Brand Manager
    Pivot Cycles - Team Rider

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahColorado View Post
    It is sick. Rode it today. A+

I second this post. Just rode it Friday and Saturday and it really brings a new flavor to Amasa Back. Trail conditions were perfect this last weekend - can't get much better than 60 degrees and dry packed trails.

Hats off to the builders - thank you so much.

More techie than at first and then moves into fast and flowey.

All around a good time.

The enterance is marked but it is a little ways off Amasa Back proper - they will be fixing this with a sign soon from what I was told.

Have fun.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I rode the 2 or so miles that's signed and open. Well done trail builders! Fun and flowy. I can't wait to see the upper section. I hope this new trail trend continues!

mtbr member
    I did some sleuthing and found a .gpx track for this trail (attached).
    Attached Files Attached Files

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    went up yesterday and rode the lower section from "mid-point". freakin' brilliant! signage is up and easy to follow. basically, the trail heads down the shelf/ledge system that is right underneath the amasa back road. i'm hoping it will be rideable at least part way into summer since a lot of the trail was shaded in the afternoon.

i shot some gopro footage, can't post it directly since this is my first post, but here's the youtube link...

/watch?v=u2Ac3lAbj_A

mtbr member
    Thanks for the video and the gpx files. Those added a lot of context for the new trail. We are headed down there in a month and I am excited to give it a try.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 84532 View Post
    i shot some gopro footage, can't post it directly since this is my first post, but here's the youtube link...

/watch?v=u2Ac3lAbj_A
    Thanks for the video. Can't wait to ride the Cap'n.
    I'll try and embed it for you.

capt ahab - YouTube

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u2Ac3lAbj_A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    thanks KRob.

the video doesn't really do the trail justice. i should've gotten some third person shots of the terrain but i was having too much fun to get off the bike and dick around with the gopro.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    Can anyone give a rundown on the history of this trail?
    Curious about how it came to be 'official'....
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

Paste eater
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Can anyone give a rundown on the history of this trail?
    Curious about how it came to be 'official'....
    If you are insinuating that an illegal trail is now a legal trail, that is not the case. You may be thinking of a near by trail that IS still illegal. CA was built with blood sweat and tears . Seriously though, this trail is mega fun. It's somewhat akin to some of the newish type trails at the Lunch Loops up in Junction. Tough enough but still fast and uber flowy.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    H
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwind View Post
    If you are insinuating that an illegal trail is now a legal trail, that is not the case. You may be thinking of a near by trail that IS still illegal. CA was built with blood sweat and tears . Seriously though, this trail is mega fun. It's somewhat akin to some of the newish type trails at the Lunch Loops up in Junction. Tough enough but still fast and uber flowy.
    No, I wasn't really hinting at that. Just curious who flagged it, and how it was presented as a legitimate project.
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Any idea on the length of the entire trail when it's completed?

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Mega Props to the design and build team of Captain Ahab. I'm not sure I'll ever do the two track down or Jackson's again. This is the kind of trail we need much more of everywhere. It is just an excellent addition to Amasa! Thank you!
    Do something that scares you, every day of your life.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

New Amassa Back Trail??

This is an amazing trail! Rode it yesterday, upper still not finished but lower is awesome!! Tons of flow, and probably my new favorite trail in the area.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Are there signs at the bottom recommending "Downhill only, Do Not Enter" or is it just left to the discretion of all the riders who see new trail and want to go up it? Like I would
    So it seems to me to be, this thing that I think I see.

Paste eater
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy View Post
    Are there signs at the bottom recommending "Downhill only, Do Not Enter" or is it just left to the discretion of all the riders who see new trail and want to go up it? Like I would
    There is a sign. It really wouldn't be much fun to ride up. Maybe not as 'not fun' as riding up Rockstacker or Jacksons - but almost that 'not fun'...

mtbr member
    There is a sign. It really wouldn't be much fun to ride up. Maybe not as 'not fun' as riding up Rockstacker or Jacksons - but almost that 'not fun'...
    So how are people hitting the trail now? I though the upper part wasn't complete. Is there another entrance further up that is open to allow for riding now, or are people currently doing it as an out-and-back regardless. I'm going in 4 weeks, and I look forward to riding this trail...

Paste eater
    Quote Originally Posted by albertdc View Post
    So how are people hitting the trail now? I though the upper part wasn't complete. Is there another entrance further up that is open to allow for riding now, or are people currently doing it as an out-and-back regardless. I'm going in 4 weeks, and I look forward to riding this trail...
    There is a signed spin of from Amasa right before the Super 8. It's a maybe 1/2 a mile out the jeep road before you'll hit low Ahab.

mtbr member

There is a signed spin of from Amasa right before the Super 8. It's a maybe 1/2 a mile out the jeep road before you'll hit low Ahab.
    "Before" super 8 - is that above or below? In other words, while climbing or descending Amasa? I was thinking of climbing Amasa and going to pothole arch, then hitting the new trail on the way down. I've never ridden it with people who knew it well, so I'm now sure what Super 8 is, but I do know the entrance to Rockstacker. Does this start in that area as well? Which side of the Amassa trail is it on while descending back down?
    Thanks again - don't want to miss it! :thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Paste eater
    It's the big drop that doubles back on it self - before cliffhanger. Well before Rockstacker or even Jackson. Maybe 2 miles in? It's well marked and it peels of to the left.

mtbr member

It's the big drop that doubles back on it self - before cliffhanger. Well before Rockstacker or even Jackson. Maybe 2 miles in? It's well marked and it peels of to the left.
    Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Rode rock stacker then popped back up on amass proper and rode upper ahab down through lower ahab. Impressive work, good flow on the lower. Upper ahab not finished yet and rather pedaly. Upper is more cross country. Lower is downhill fun.
    Lots of drops and jumps. Nice scenery and views of the desert. I would not take any beginners. Trail marked double black diamond. There are some real consequences on this trail if u screw up. Ride rock stacker and then ahab for maximum single track. One way only. Game changer for amasa back and limits conflicts with other users.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Punta Lobos View Post
    Rode rock stacker then popped back up on amass proper and rode upper ahab down through lower ahab. Impressive work, good flow on the lower. Upper ahab not finished yet and rather pedaly. Upper is more cross country. Lower is downhill fun.
    Lots of drops and jumps. Nice scenery and views of the desert. I would not take any beginners. Trail marked double black diamond. There are some real consequences on this trail if u screw up. Ride rock stacker and then ahab for maximum single track. One way only. Game changer for amasa back and limits conflicts with other users.

Interesting. I was assuming the upper section was where the double black terrain would be.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by slimat99 View Post
    Interesting. I was assuming the upper section was where the double black terrain would be.
    Yeah, I was thinking the same. Lower section is fun but not that technical. I can see them calling it double black to ward off any novices since once you drop down it's pretty hard to back out if you are over your head (plus that whole directional thing). I was kinda hoping to get more flow and features up top.

Props to the trail crew and anyone else involved in the Ahab trails!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Just made a quick spring break trip to Moab after 5 months on the couch looking at snow. Hit this trail Tuesday night. So awesome I can't stop thinking about it. If I lived there I ride it every week. For those wanting to see more before they make it down to ride I shot some video with my VIO POV. NOT as good as the other link on here but you'll get the idea. Must add to any trip down. Took me a little over an hour to ride it. Signed well. Bottom sign does say for downhill travel only.
    Captain Ahab Mountain Bike Trail Moab -650B Cannondale Prophet - YouTube
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6iyXp5I5ZWI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mtbr member
    When I arrived at the Amasa Back trail head yesterday, I thought only the lower Captain Ahab was open and was looking forward to riding it. Right before coming down to Kane Creek, I met a couple from Tahoe and they informed me that the upper section was also open, yahoo!

As I was climbing the road, the rumble of Jeep Safari could be hear back at the trail head. Should I hurry or be worried about dodging 4x4s? I kept riding and very soon I couldn't hear the jeeps anymore. I stuck with my plan and rode out to pothole arch and returned on Rockstacker. Back at the road I only saw the tail end of the Safari, just a couple jeeps that had just passed over the "Cliff Hanger" part. So I was able to ride on with no jeeps to dodge for the rest of the ride.

I agree that both parts are awesome and that the lower part is more techy, but also more scenic. They are both a ton of fun.

While I was in Moab, we also did an out-and-back on 7-Up with the Gemini figure 8 attached. That was my first time on all those trails- sweet! It came out to about 37 miles.

Damn, those trail builders do nice work, thanks!

Here's a shot of some exposed lower trail.New Amassa Back Trail??-300261_10200849070936877_1609036294_n.jpg

Here's another view from the lower trail.
    New Amassa Back Trail??-381172_10200849069816849_327238881_n.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    can someone post a gpx that includes upper and lower captain ahab? better yet, post a gpx for amasa, pothole arch, rockstacker, then upper and lower captain ahab.

As an aside, is rockstacker as hard as some make it out to be? if one can ride most other stuff (porcupine, amasa, slickrock, etc.) is rockstacker that much worse? I found the exposure on jacksons to be too much.

Thx, Allan

Paste eater
    Quote Originally Posted by ez049 View Post
    can someone post a gpx that includes upper and lower captain ahab? better yet, post a gpx for amasa, pothole arch, rockstacker, then upper and lower captain ahab.

As an aside, is rockstacker as hard as some make it out to be? if one can ride most other stuff (porcupine, amasa, slickrock, etc.) is rockstacker that much worse? I found the exposure on jacksons to be too much.

Thx, Allan
    No real need for a gpx file if you ask me. It's very well marked now. In regards to Rockstacker, if you don't like Jacksons then you will probably not like Rockstacker. While there is less fall to your death scenarios, there are still places you would not want to fall. Personally, I think Rockstacker is more consistently harder than Jacksons.

That being siad, for those who are technically inclined, I would highly recommend a Amasa>Pothole>RS>Ahab loop.
    Last edited by Jwind; 04-12-2013 at 05:02 PM.

beater
    No real need for a gpx file if you ask me. It's ver well marked now.
    +1. There are obvious signs at all the junctions. You'd have to work at losing your way.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    The Trailbuilder riding his Trail
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Amassa Back Trail??-ahab_jmh_tyson_sm.jpg  

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Quote Originally Posted by ez049 View Post
    If you can ride the switchbacks on Jackson, you will enjoy the tech challenges presented on Rockstacker. No exposure on Rockstacker but it's a more difficult trail.

JMH

Paste eater
    Very cool! Did not realize it was you taking pics out there when I buzzed through the other night!

mtbr member
    It is very easy to find. I rode it last week, good signage. Go up Cliffhanger aka Amasa Back and you'll come to a sign on the left, that signifies the mid point on Ahab. Jump on there, or continue up to the top of the climb to Upper Ahab. Once you're on that, you'll climb some more and then it's a fun downhill. Kudos to the trail builders for another great addition. It's easy to find and hard to lose. A .gpx file would be overkill. We then went up again and went down Rockstacker and Jackson. Rockstacker is for downhillers with excellent skills (not me), Jackson was fun and not as hard, but at the bottom it's like trying to escape from East Berlin in the '70's...next time I'd ride up and out to Pothole arch lookout and then back and down Ahab from the top.
    Last edited by MSU Alum; 04-15-2013 at 06:44 PM.

H2o-Bar
    Mar 2006
    Huge THANKS for the crew who built AHAB. Nice lay-out and sweet singletrack. It's nice to get away from all the UTV's/4x4's.

There is some cool country out that side of Amasa back. You guy's did well !!!

mtbr member
    Just came back Sunday from a great weekend in Moab - and Captain Ahab is my new favorite! This trail rocks! I loved the first half and enjoyed the fact that it kept climbing coming off of Cliffhanger/Amasa back at that point. It has a beautiful mix of single track and rock. I am not great at big air, so I appreciated the rock ramps for us chickens - I am sure that people that like to fly off of things bypass the ramps in the air so they can have fun too.
    For anyone who hasn't done it yet and reads about it on UtahMountainBiking.com, that site makes it sound WAY more technical and scary than it really is. I thought it was fun, but not crazy hard. (To put my skill-set into perspective, I am more of an XC rider: I like climbing, flow, and semi-technical descents, but not big air). Rockstacker and Portal (the end of Mag 7) are not my cup of tea, but this trail was perfect!
    I hope the people responsible for making this trail happen read these posts, because they deserve praise and thanks many times over.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    about that video. that is one seriously badass traildog!
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by nhodge View Post
    about that video. that is one seriously badass traildog!
    thanks, nhodge. she's so fun to ride with. i can barely keep up with her unless i'm hauling ass downhill. rescue dogs make great riding partners

i shot some more footage the other day of the lower section a bit before you meet back up with the original amasa back trail. trying to ride it as much as possible before the summer heat hits us. definitely my favorite trail in moab right now.

I <3 Dirt
    Great video, thanks 84532. Can't wait to ride Ahab next month and big props to the trail builders and trail designers.

beater
    Quote Originally Posted by 84532 View Post
    definitely my favorite trail in moab right now.
    Not hard to see why. I had a blast. I really wanted to ride it again (and again) but group dynamics/schedules just didn't work out for a repeat visit on my last trip down. It's the kind of trail where you can just let go and trust the trailbuilders. They really did a great job.

mtbr member
    its a fun one but jacksons is better

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/f6kS8eiS47k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Next time I do Ahab it will be out of the gate - Cliffhanger -> Ahab -> Cliffhanger -> Rockstacker -> Jacksons. We did it *after* Rockstacker and to be honest... I wasn't expecting the climbing on Upper Ahab. After the ride we'd already done it kinda kicked my a$$.

This route would also let one do *all* the trails and not skip out on Jacksons.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles View Post
    Next time I do Ahab it will be out of the gate - Cliffhanger -> Ahab -> Cliffhanger -> Rockstacker -> Jacksons. We did it *after* Rockstacker and to be honest... I wasn't expecting the climbing on Upper Ahab. After the ride we'd already done it kinda kicked my a$$.

This route would also let one do *all* the trails and not skip out on Jacksons.
    Thats some good climbing still. But yea why not ride em all. Not a big fan of climbing but its a nessasary evil

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Just finishing up a trip here in Moab and rode Ahab the first day on a recommendation
    from Dave at PSB. We had such a great ride on it we went back up and did it again right after. After riding it I had to go back and watch the video of it being put together but with a new found appreciation. Great job! You builders ROCK!! (no pun intended)

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I loved Ahab! Was down there a week ago and almost didn't ride it due to being late in the day, weather turning bad and intimidation. I was a little scared to ride due to things i'd heard and the double-diamond trail status. People need to back off on the scary talk a little, the trail is not that difficult. It was a BLAST! Probably my new favorite trail of anywhere.

Adding to the experience was a sense of adventure due to the fact that it was getting late (nearing dark), there were thunderstorms all around and it felt risky. My partner was pretty nervous about the storm, and also not enjoying the unanticipated climbing, so we bailed out over to cliffhanger at the midway point and then blasted home. So i only got to ride the upper half, but it was amazing.

Super creative trail building, that couldn't be done anywhere else due to the unique terrain in Moab. I really wanted to get back and ride it again, and hit the 2nd half but the weather and timing weren't cooperating on my trip and i didn't get to do it.

Two days later i rode Porc. Rim from the bottom of kokopelli down to the river. If i knew then what i know now, i may have just gone back and ridden Ahab again! I definitely thought it was more fun and felt more purpose-built for mt bikes.

Great job to all involved in building Capt Ahab!
    Bend, OR

Paste eater
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyS600 View Post
    Super creative trail building, that couldn't be done anywhere else due to the unique terrain in Moab. I really wanted to get back and ride it again, and hit the 2nd half but the weather and timing weren't cooperating on my trip and i didn't get to do it.
    Not to bum you out, but the route you took back by bailing 1/2 way and riding down amasa is like the same distance as continuing down Ahab. Doh.

I think the bottom half is better than the the top 1/2 and a bit harder. In regards to the double diamond rating. It's great that you gave it credence before lift off as many do not. Better to err on the side of caution in terms of rating. Enough people hurt themselves as it is.

Anyhow, just one more reason to come back Lower Ahab!

mtbr member
    This is a really good picture, J. Would love to have a bigger, high res version for my wall paper.

www.stuckinthespokes.com

Biker Boater Boarder
    I didnt care for RockStacker.... Im sure with the right equipment, full pads, full face, and 6" of travel it would have been fun to attempt some of the knar on it. I would recomend for most people, ride up Amasa Back out to PotHole Arch then turn back ride down to Capt Ahabs upper entrance and enjoy the ride down. RockStacker is a "all or nothing" kinda trail. But thats just my opinion. I would really like to watch someone with that skill level ride the big shoot-drop thing on Rockstacker! I could barely walk down a lot of stuff on Rockstacker,but i cleaned everything on Ahab.
    Adios,
    "Chaco"

Lots of kids tell me they want to be firefighters when they grow up, I tell them they can't do both!

Biker Boater Boarder
    Adios,
    "Chaco"

Lots of kids tell me they want to be firefighters when they grow up, I tell them they can't do both!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SummitSurfer View Post

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/65557382" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/65557382">Zach and the massive quadruple combo</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user11433027">cabracadabra</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>..rock stacker drop?? i must have missed it wheres it at>> any pics??

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SummitSurfer View Post
    I didnt care for RockStacker.... Im sure with the right equipment, full pads, full face, and 6" of travel it would have been fun to attempt some of the knar on it. I would recomend for most people, ride up Amasa Back out to PotHole Arch then turn back ride down to Capt Ahabs upper entrance and enjoy the ride down. RockStacker is a "all or nothing" kinda trail. But thats just my opinion. I would really like to watch someone with that skill level ride the big shoot-drop thing on Rockstacker! I could barely walk down a lot of stuff on Rockstacker,but i cleaned everything on Ahab.
    Here's a vid of some rock stocker lines including the drop in which has been sanitized over the years. Vid starts with the amasa drop into the step up, but you'll see the RS section you mentioned within 30 seconds.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/36980161" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/36980161">Amasa in a Minute</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user1586099">RR</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Members who have read this thread: 0