I break 'em and fix 'em..

Need a riding buddy near Ogden/layton/Hill AFB

Hey, folks...

I moved here last August; met a couple of people on here, but only got to ride a few times before winter took a death grip on us.

Looking to start hitting the trails, but need some folks to ride with. I live on Hill AFB, and have ridden Snowbasin and the BST a couple of times. Wanting to try Mueller maybe?

If you need a riding buddy or could use another one, hit me up. I might not be too fast coming from sea level and not riding all winter, but I've been riding for years...

Thanks!

--Rob

"bike-wrench"

on yer left
    Apr 2008
    I'm in Ogden, live near 5000 south on the bench. Just started riding the BST / Bues / Birch creek this week and it's kicking my ass.

KAH
    mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Where do you work? I'm in the 388th. Waiting on some parts to come in and going to see if Skyline in dry. BST is dry and I've been riding it before I broke. It was getting boring. Hopefully the white stuff melts and the wet stuff dries soon. Check the local shops. They all have group rides a couple time a week.

on yer left
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by KAH
    BST is dry and I've been riding it before I broke. It was getting boring.
    Try riding it up Bues Canyon then take the Strong's Canyon BST split north.

KAH
    mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by radnasty
    Try riding it up Bues Canyon then take the Strong's Canyon BST split north.
    I've been that way. Bues Canyon is a hell of a climb. Much better coming down from Mount Ogden

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    where's the birch creek trail?

on yer left
    Apr 2008
    KAH...yeah, it's a killer. I've got a goal to be able to clean that climb this season. We hiked Beus yesterday and got as far as "fern valley" before we ran into too much snow. Dropping it from Mount Ogden via Snowbasin would be a sick downhill.

Quote Originally Posted by sessions22
    where's the birch creek trail?
    It's just south of Beus, next canyon over It's only about a mile long but it's a good climb and fast downhill. It's pretty much right out my door so I like to use it for repeats. Good training.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I'm pretty new to the whole MTB but I have hit the BST like the others. Was just there last night.
    I can generally get my boyfriend and his friend out on the weekends, but during the week I bike alone. So if you are looking for someone send me a PM.

See you on the trails.

KAH
    mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by saylav
    I'm pretty new to the whole MTB but I have hit the BST like the others. Was just there last night.
    I can generally get my boyfriend and his friend out on the weekends, but during the week I bike alone. So if you are looking for someone send me a PM.

See you on the trails.
    I've only seen one girl out there riding on a Scott. Was that you?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Nah I'm the slow one..on a Jamis.

Rocket Scientist
    Mar 2005
    It looks like a perfect day for riding. Anyone interested in getting together for a ride this afternoon? I live about a mile from the Rainbow Gardens trailhead, but I don't mind meeting at another trailhead. I'm a laid back rider.

Solum Volamus
    Try the mtn bike forum at bogley.com (formerly uutah.com). They have a weekly ride in the Ogden area that seems to be popular.

Good to hear the trails are in good shape back in UT!!! I can't wait to get back on the bike after being gone the past 5+ months to this wonderful place of sandstorms (w/ the 421 EFS)....especially after missing a killer ski season. Mueller Park is a good ride if you don't mind a long grind before a sweet downhill. Just be careful on the weekend because A LOT of families are out there hiking the trail.

I break 'em and fix 'em..

Good job! Cool

Thanks for the tip. Seems to be a lot of traffic on that site. I am thinking about joining those guys for their Tuesday evening rides. Gotta get the 'ol Maverick out and duster her off for spring.

See you guys on the trail!