mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Need a good powder coating shop close to Salt Lake City..?

I need to paint a few small items (bike frame, rims, etc) and a need a decent shop that do this kind of odd and ends with out charging a fortune..

Thanks in advance..

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Powder Works did a frame for me a couple years ago and did a good job for a very reasonable price. Nice guys...

Powder Works LLC - West Valley City, UT - Powder Coating, Coatings-Protective - Home

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    What did they charge? I have a killer idea I want to do on my frame this winter

MTBR member
    Jan 2007
    Cost? I have some projects too.

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    It was less than a hundred to do a full suspension frame, 2 pieces. I delivered the frame disassembled, stripped, and ready for powder. I think it was $75, but its been a couple years.

If you need to strip a frame first, you can either get a can or two of aircraft stripper or take it to The Stripper. It's usually a much bigger job to strip powder off a frame that most people realize. Last time around, I took it to The Stripper, think it was $125.

My raw Pivot Phoenix -

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    powder extreme coatings, kevin is a great guy, located in sandy. google or FB to find em
    Want a one of a kind bike? Message me for a one of a kind paint job.

The internet is a tough place to ride

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Err View Post
    Powder Works did a frame for me a couple years ago and did a good job for a very reasonable price. Nice guys...

Powder Works LLC - West Valley City, UT - Powder Coating, Coatings-Protective - Home
    I call the shop today and they have a minimum order of $55 dollars and I only need to paint a pair of fat bike rims in white, anybody else want to get on the order..??

It will be much cheaper that way..

mtbr member
    +1 on Powderworks. I havent taken anything in but I have talked to him on the phone and is top notch CS. Looking forward to taking my heckler in after I get the anodizing stripped.

MTBR member
    Jan 2007
    I called the shop today and they have a minimum order of $55 dollars and I only need to paint a pair of fat bike rims in white, anybody else want to get on the order..??]

I have a vintage Fat Chance that I want to powder coat, but probably not until over the winter. I may have a new fork built, and I want to match the color. Maybe later.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Nos I need a good sandblaster, to prep my rims and a frame I want to paint (may as well to achieve the minimum..

Moderator Moderator
    Jan 2004

Utahsodablasting.com

Call 'em up. Ask for Greg. Tell him Walt sent ya'. 801 864 2666. They do sandblasting or soda blasting, depending on how fragile your part/frame is.

FWIW, Powderworks is awesome and I've got multiple frames/forks there every week. They are bike (and land speed record!) people and understand what bike folks need/want. Just be warned that you'll get sucked into a 1/2 hour conversation if you aren't careful!

Also, just FYI, $55 is really really cheap to coat a pair of rims. They have amazingly good prices.

-Walt

Quote Originally Posted by patineto View Post
    Nos I need a good sandblaster, to prep my rims and a frame I want to paint (may as well to achieve the minimum..
    Waltworks Custom Bicycles
    Park City, UT USA
    www.waltworks.com
    waltworks.blogspot.com