mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Need a good powder coating shop close to Salt Lake City..?

I need to paint a few small items (bike frame, rims, etc) and a need a decent shop that do this kind of odd and ends with out charging a fortune..

Thanks in advance..

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Powder Works did a frame for me a couple years ago and did a good job for a very reasonable price. Nice guys...

Powder Works LLC - West Valley City, UT - Powder Coating, Coatings-Protective - Home

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    What did they charge? I have a killer idea I want to do on my frame this winter

MTBR member
    Jan 2007
    Cost? I have some projects too.

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    It was less than a hundred to do a full suspension frame, 2 pieces. I delivered the frame disassembled, stripped, and ready for powder. I think it was $75, but its been a couple years.

If you need to strip a frame first, you can either get a can or two of aircraft stripper or take it to The Stripper. It's usually a much bigger job to strip powder off a frame that most people realize. Last time around, I took it to The Stripper, think it was $125.

My raw Pivot Phoenix -

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    powder extreme coatings, kevin is a great guy, located in sandy. google or FB to find em
    Want a one of a kind bike? Message me for a one of a kind paint job.

The internet is a tough place to ride

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Err View Post
    Powder Works did a frame for me a couple years ago and did a good job for a very reasonable price. Nice guys...

Powder Works LLC - West Valley City, UT - Powder Coating, Coatings-Protective - Home
    I call the shop today and they have a minimum order of $55 dollars and I only need to paint a pair of fat bike rims in white, anybody else want to get on the order..??

It will be much cheaper that way..

mtbr member
    +1 on Powderworks. I havent taken anything in but I have talked to him on the phone and is top notch CS. Looking forward to taking my heckler in after I get the anodizing stripped.

MTBR member
    Jan 2007
    I called the shop today and they have a minimum order of $55 dollars and I only need to paint a pair of fat bike rims in white, anybody else want to get on the order..??]

I have a vintage Fat Chance that I want to powder coat, but probably not until over the winter. I may have a new fork built, and I want to match the color. Maybe later.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Nos I need a good sandblaster, to prep my rims and a frame I want to paint (may as well to achieve the minimum..

Moderator Moderator
    Jan 2004

Utahsodablasting.com

Edited to say: avoid Powderworks of Utah at all costs. Something has gone terribly wrong there and they either can't or won't fix it. I had frames with powder that would peel with light fingernail pressure, weird blemishes, bare spots, etc.

Nice guys but they really fell off this year and I can't recommend them anymore.

-Walt

Quote Originally Posted by patineto View Post
    Nos I need a good sandblaster, to prep my rims and a frame I want to paint (may as well to achieve the minimum..
    Last edited by Walt; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:36 PM.
    Waltworks Custom Bicycles
    Park City, UT USA
    www.waltworks.com
    waltworks.blogspot.com