mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Need Corner Canyon report

Planning on riding Corner Canyon tomorrow (11/6). Don't know how much snow fell in the last 24 hours, and if trails are rideable and open. Any reports tonight or tomorrow morning would be helpful. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    also planning on riding this tomorrow afternoon, would love an update. according to Trail Conditions | Corner Canyon Trails everything is open but i don't know that i trust a site that never puts dates on anything

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I work out on south mountain and drove by potato hill on the way home to check it out. Looks like you should be ok - not much snow fell out there. There could be some snow on some of the more tucked away sections of anne's, but it wouldn't be much.

I'm actually going to be riding maple hollow at lunch today, so I can post back what I found right after

Your Best Friend
    There is snow on much of the trails and if it gets warmer, it'll get sloppy.
    I guide and rent bikes in Northern Utah

http://www.facebook.com/AdventureEarthRides

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I didn't end up making it out today but a workmate did. He said the trails were actually in great shape - only a couple of muddy spots 1-2' long in the area of Ghost.

Your Best Friend
    Yep. It should still be golden for the rest of the week.
    I guide and rent bikes in Northern Utah

http://www.facebook.com/AdventureEarthRides

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Rode it Wednesday night and tonight (Friday Nov. 8) - all excellent.

BTW, night riding is awesome; CC is perfect for it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    passing this on for anyone who doesn't check the utahmountainbiking.com forums:

Just got this from Greg Hilbig of the Draper Parks Dept

To All,
    Clark’s, Ann’s, Canyon Hollow, Rush, Ghost Falls(south), Brocks and the BST(south side of corner canyon) are all closed for the season. Please feel free to pass along this information.

He left open the possibility that some sections could be re-opened temporarily once they're frozen solid and snow-packed. But for now you should consider them closed until specifically declared open.

mtbr member
    I posted this on the UtahMountainBiking forums too, but don't know how much activity there is on that forum.

I rode BST and bobsled yesterday and it was in great condition. So, I am hoping that Ann's and Rush will be opening again by Wed (hoping to ride it Wed morning). Is that possible? Considering the conditions on the BST and bobsled were so good, I can't imagine that Ann's and Rush are that bad off - is that a completely incorrect assumption?
    If they are in fact dried out, are the Corner Canyon Park Dept people good about re-opening the trails? If so, are they also good about updating the corner canyon website (http://www.cornercanyontrails.com/trail-openclosed/)?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2013

corner canyon re-opened until next storm

Just got back from Corner Canyon. They actually were in the process of taking the gates/chains down as I was riding. First one to pass through the gate up to Clarks! Anyway, I rode up Clarks which was great. Muddy towards the top, a few spots that made an extra challenge to climb. I descended Canyon Hollow and that was super muddy... probably better to ride that early morning when the ground is frozen, but they did open it. I didn't try Rush or Ann's.

Need Corner Canyon report-147259980_1385588935000.jpg
    Last edited by mkb5150; 11-27-2013 at 04:00 PM. Reason: typos

mtbr member

Re: Need Corner Canyon report

Quote Originally Posted by mkb5150 View Post
    Just got back from Corner Canyon. They actually were in the process of taking the gates/chains down as I was riding. First one to pass through the gate up to Clarks! Anyway, I rode up Clarks which was great. Muddy towards the top, a few spots that made an extra challenge to climb. I descended Canyon Hollow and that was super muddy... probably better to ride that early morning when the ground is frozen, but they did open it. I didn't try Rush or Ann's.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	147259980_1385588935000.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	251.4 KB 
ID:	850371
    Thanks for the report. Heard they had opened today and was planning on going on Friday. Maybe now I'll wait till Sunday. Hope it dries out more by then.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I'd go on Fri and Sun! still plenty of trails to ride, I would just avoid Canyon Hollow. That one seems to have the most shade so is probably the one in the worst condition. Ann's has quite a bit more exposure. Clark's is good, Ann's is probably good, BST at least all the way to about 123rd South (that's as far as I went), Rattler... tons of good riding there!

mtbr member

Re: Need Corner Canyon report

Quote Originally Posted by mkb5150 View Post
    I'd go on Fri and Sun! still plenty of trails to ride, I would just avoid Canyon Hollow. That one seems to have the most shade so is probably the one in the worst condition. Ann's has quite a bit more exposure. Clark's is good, Ann's is probably good, BST at least all the way to about 123rd South (that's as far as I went), Rattler... tons of good riding there!
    Shoreline and Bobsled are closer to home - probably hit that on Friday and hope for Ann's and Rush on Sunday.
    How is Rattler?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Rattler is great as another winter option. Nothing special aside from that. Very exposed, some decent views. Makes for another option getting to ghost falls if you want a change of scenery. If you're descending, it's also a shortcut to get to BST northbound without having to go all the way to bottom. Very easy technical.