mtbr member

museum built on shoreline

Where is the exact location of this new museum? It says 'south of Red Butte'. Expansion in that area has been pretty brutal over the years but please tell me this won't interrupt the actual trail? (Also, is their any provision that 'encourages' these companies to commit to trail maintenance and or open space land management?)

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_9270231?source=rv

mtbr member
    May 2008
    http://www.umnh.utah.edu/pageview.aspx?id=19850 EIS and planning documents, etc.

http://centralpt.com/upload/407/5047...g%20Aerial.jpg This is a big press pack photo and you can see the intended incorporation of the shorline trail...we shall see

mtbr member

This is pretty brutal...

Thanks for posting those links. I found this message on their site - see below. I guess we'll see how it impacts the area but frankly, it doesn't sound good. That will be a sad day when they start digging.

Trail Use and Access Clarification

Some public scoping comments expressed a concern that the Bonneville Shoreline Trail through the Museum's proposed new site and adjacent trail access points may be closed during Museum construction and/or after the Museum is in operation.

Trail use and access will be maintained throughout construction and after construction. If temporary construction-related disruptions to use of the existing trail alignment are necessary, temporary realignments may be installed to assure continued trail use through the site. Every effort will be made to minimize disruption to trail use while assuring public safety.

The Bonneville Shoreline Trail and trail access are factors in Museum site planning and EIS alternatives analysis. The Bonneville Shoreline Trail will continue to be integral to this site.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    You have probably noticed all of the "manicuring" that has been done on the upper single track just south of RBG along the shoreline. I think it must be related to the museum project.

Maybe they will actually route the trail through the museum like those underwater shark tunnels you can walk through at SeaWorld

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MHSlash
    You have probably noticed all of the "manicuring" that has been done on the upper single track just south of RBG along the shoreline. I think it must be related to the museum project.)

Maybe they will actually route the trail through the museum like those underwater shark tunnels you can walk through at SeaWorld
    I wonder if the trail in the upper right hand corner of the picture is the "manicured" trail or the pipeline road? Guess all we can do is wait and see.

Please don't tap on the glass.