zombie freerider

Moonlight meadows trail conditions?

Sorry for another trail status inquiry but I'm wondering if anyone has hit MM and can give a status update. The plan is for next weekend and I'm curious about snow, mud, downed trees or anything else like geyser pass road being impassible. I figure since twe is open from hazard down and I got another week ahead of sunny days (however reliable a 7 day forecast can be) it might be worth a shot. Thanks

Paste eater
    Purely speculation from what I've seen from being up in the La Sals - but I would wager it would be good to go.

zombie freerider
    Thanks jwind! Anyone else hit it yet?

If we do it next week I'll post up a status report.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    rode my moto up to geyser pass yesterday. still some big snow banks on the road but probably passable if you have the right vehicle. didn't hike down the trail itself very far but the initial section is good to go.

shuman's gulch looks ready, too. trying to decide if i want to ride that or hazard today.

zombie freerider
    Good to know. Thanks for the update yesca. Last weekend I was up on the flattops (colorado) and there were some drifts I had to go through. I was definitely rolling the dice on getting through a few of them in my 4runner... so maybe I'll wait it out a few weeks or just plan this as a fall ride. I was kinda hoping to escape the heat and jeepyness going on this week by going to MM. If you ride it let us all know how it looks!

Paste eater
    There isn't a flake of snow at the TOP of hazard. I know MM is higher and a little more shaded at some of the lower elvation spots, but I really think it's worth a shot.

Seriously doubt there would be much walking, if there is, I'll buy you a pint of near bear.

zombie freerider
    Seriously doubt there would be much walking, if there is, I'll buy you a pint of near bear.
    haha nice one. If you or anyone wants to join up and giver a go Fri afternoon shoot me a pm.