mtbr member
    May 2008

Moab used bike??

Hope this is appropriate.

I'm heading out to Moab tonight and planning on leaving my bike at home since it needs some work and don't want to have it fall apart in the middle of nowhere. I'm planning on renting a bike and possibly buying a bike while I'm there. Anyone in Moab or going to Moab and have a decent full suspension AM bike for sale?? Send me an email if you do with specs and price and a phone number. I'll be checking my email daily. I'll be there till the 16th of May. Thanks

Bike Snob
    I would not buy a bike from anyone in Moab. Do the math on how and where that thing has been ridden. Feel free to rent one and ride it like you stole it.

should know better.....
    Agreed. Moab is the LAST place I would buy a rental bike. Even the best shops in town can only keep a bike well tuned. They can't keep renters from hucking off Mushroom Drop or blasting through axe-blade sections of Porcupine Rim at 35 MPH.
    It is an unbelievably harsh environment for a rental fleet.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Thanks for the advice guys. Went with a rental while I was there and had a blast. I didn't have a chance to check my email, anyway. I think I'm going with a motebecane from an online shop. Seems like the best deal I can find.