Sir Hurt Locker

Moab trip April 25 - May 3

Hello everyone,

I am going to Moab for the first time with my brother in about two weeks, I am sooo excited! I just wanted to run my plans by you guys who have experienced Moab biking before. The following is my planned schedule for the trip:

Day 1:
    Sovereign Trail

Day 2:
    Kokopelli Down linked with Porcupine Rim

Day 3:
    Amasa Back and then Bartlett Wash later in the day

Day 4:
    Slickrock

Day 5:
    Porcupine Rim (might rent a FS bike for the second time) followed by Gemini Bridges

Day 6:
    Explore Arches National Park

We are camping at the Slickrock Campground (just North of Moab) and I am hoping to be able to explore the city of Moab after our rides. What do you guys think of our planned trip? Any suggestions about trails and what not? What do you recommend we see in the town of Moab (restaurants, bars, bike stores)? And I am definately interested in finding out what the best coffee shop in Moab is, nothing better than a nice coffee in the morning before a ride
    Cheers,

Seb

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    Good looking trip.

The best coffee "shop" in Moab by far is the Wicked Brew drive up kiosk in the empty lot on the north side off town. I always grab coffee from here on the way out of town.

Chilli Pepper also makes great coffee and you can hang out on the couch there and watch mountain bike dvd is currently playing.

For a bar the only one I use is Moab Brewery as they have a great selection of draft beers they produce and because of that for food I mostly eat at Moab Brewery (in the bar section not the sit down section) or get something from City Market supermarket.

As far as bike stores - check them all out, they all have a slightly different feel to them and are all fun to visit.

Sir Hurt Locker
    Thanks for the suggestions. Moab Brewery seems like the place to be in Moab, I will check it out for sure. I am camping on the North side of town so hopefully Wicked Brew will be close and I can get a nice cup of coffee first thing every morning. Is there anything in town that I should check out? Cool landmarks or something ...?
    Cheers,

Seb