Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

Moab Trail Conditions

Any word on recent trail conditions. Bar m trails or other singletrack? Whats rideable?
    35,000+Bicycle Parts at BikePartsExpress.com, largest selection of Bike Parts on the web.

Paste eater
    Nothing is snow free right now. Bunch of tracks out on slickrock the other day but expect at least 75% snow wherever you go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Moab Trail Conditions-737193_10152374483295710_609301951_o.jpeg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    How has the snowfall been in Moab this year? I will visit Moab around beginning of May and hope to do as much as TWE as possible - I hope to be able to start from Hazards county

mtbr member
    Yeah, thats what i figured. Pretty big snow all around Utah right now. Would be nice to know when the lower stuff is open again. FYI St George is awesome right now.
    35,000+Bicycle Parts at BikePartsExpress.com, largest selection of Bike Parts on the web.

Paste eater
    There is a few inches around. The good news is te forecast is sunny and dry. The bad news is it's not particularly warm.

Way to early to speculate on Hazard in early May.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    @Jwind - Is it possible to say when Hazard normally is accessible during a winter with a average snowfall?

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Snowcast in Moab

Sure there is snow in Moab. The Fat Tire bikes have been out in the Brands. A little piece of video was shot New Years Day, Check it out on FaceBook profile visit.moab.utah

The thing about the cold, there is no mud. I am finding that the roads outback are seldom driven this time of year and are exquisite cross country pedaling. If you have the lungs and animal integrity, keep moving and enjoy trails too, like this one pictured out in the Bartlett Region. Oh can't post pictures yet. Check it out on the facebook page for GCHS Mountain Bike Team.
    Get your ride on!
    Come meet in Moab.
    Mix Business with Pleasure.
    Moab Meetings & Events Aid

Paste eater
    Quote Originally Posted by Danish Dynamite View Post
    @Jwind - Is it possible to say when Hazard normally is accessible during a winter with a average snowfall?
    I rode Hazard down very late April last year after a silly dry year. I would not get your hopes up.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Here's what conditions were like a week ago on Amasa, stacker, jackson's. It doesn't sound like anything has melted.

Snowab, Utah from RR on Vimeo.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwind View Post
    I rode Hazard down very late April last year after a silly dry year. I would not get your hopes up.

mtbr member
    Not a lot of snow fall this year but COOOOOOLD! Dang last year it was almost warm the whole winter. Even if we don't get much more snow this year than last year it wont clear off until it gets warmer. Negative temperatures all over the place right now.

Paste eater
    Quote Originally Posted by mojojojoaf View Post
    Not a lot of snow fall this year but COOOOOOLD! Dang last year it was almost warm the whole winter. Even if we don't get much more snow this year than last year it wont clear off until it gets warmer. Negative temperatures all over the place right now.
    Indeed. This is longest I've been of dirt in a couple years. looks like weather pattern changing this week tho...

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwind View Post
    Indeed. This is longest I've been of dirt in a couple years. looks like weather pattern changing this week tho...
    Just for historical reference, the weather pattern didn't change in Moab last week. Still 0F or below at night, teens during the day, with winds 10-20mph. That is too cold for most.

weather.com says it will warm into the low 30's for highs by the weekend, but with lows still in the single digits, and breezy.

Moab usually gets a week or two of bitterly cold weather every year, but this year it is more like a month or two.

Paste eater
    Quote Originally Posted by honkinunit View Post
    Just for historical reference, the weather pattern didn't change in Moab last week. Still 0F or below at night, teens during the day, with winds 10-20mph. That is too cold for most.

weather.com says it will warm into the low 30's for highs by the weekend, but with lows still in the single digits, and breezy.

Moab usually gets a week or two of bitterly cold weather every year, but this year it is more like a month or two.
    Long term forecast likes to tease, then takes a nose dive :/

It got cold a bit Before Christmas and really has not let up. iPhone tells me it's going to be much warmer NEXT week. We'll see if that comes to fruition or not. In the mean time, everything is covered in snow. Boo.

More Chasmism
    Quote Originally Posted by honkinunit View Post
    Never ever ever ever believe weather.com with regard to Moab winter weather, especially if there has been any moisture. They always fail to account for the inversion. Weather underground is much more reliable.

Only another week or three and it will break. Always does by the first few weeks of February.

hfly

Paste eater
    Inversion or not, it's been cold over the whole Western US. Over heard something about crops being lost in California on NPR tonight.

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    Yeah California is really cold.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Flaccid Member
    Loss of lettuce, orange, garlic, etc crops in CA, prices are spiking upwards.
    Link.... not looking good.

http://www.usda.gov/oce/weather/pubs.../Wwcb/wwcb.pdf
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Still cold, barely broke 32 degrees. Snow melting really slow. Nothing worth riding. Go to St. George, it was 60 degrees yesterday and warmer this week. Lots of snow in Las Sals, expect more time to melt it off this year unless it warms up really fast. We have more snow than Colorado.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Punta Lobos View Post
    We have more snow than Colorado.
    That is true.....60's and sunny up here on the Front Range. Trails are in great shape.....able to ride everything around Golden right now. Did a 5 hour ride right from the front door this past weekend.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Can you give some route detail on that 5 hour ride? Thanks.
    OVER the rocks, not around

Paste eater
    Quote Originally Posted by CanyonDad View Post
    What 5 hour drive?

EDIT: Oh, 5 hour ride in Denver. Sorry, can't help you there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CanyonDad View Post
    Just combining a bunch of Jeffco parks.....

Chimney>Apex>North Table Mountain (did all the new and old stuff on NTM).

mtbr member
    Things can change fast..(and change back fast too) this time of year.

We were -20 to -6 F overnight, barely struggling to get out of the single digits in the daytime for a two or three weeks after Christmas here in Ely (same Latitude as Moab just higher elevation).....

Today when I woke up it was raining and 36 degrees at 6:00am. Go figure.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    In regards to snow and such. Historically what month/time does Burro Pass open for riding?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast