Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Moab Trail Conditions

54K views 311 replies 115 participants last post by  alexbn921 
#1 ·
Any word on recent trail conditions. Bar m trails or other singletrack? Whats rideable?

#156 ·
With the exception if a little late rain forecast for Friday everything looks good with toasty temps in the low 50's:eekster: there is residual snow on North facing slopes that are shaded. I would guess you would have a lot of patches on UPS but should be rideable. White Rim would be all clear but you do need a permit. It's dipping into the 20's at night but other than a little chill the riding is as good as ever.
As for what's open..........everything if you ride a Fatbike :thumbs up
The last couple Winters have been mild so there are very few days you wouldn't have been able to ride a skinny tired bike.

#7 ·
Snowcast in Moab

Sure there is snow in Moab. The Fat Tire bikes have been out in the Brands. A little piece of video was shot New Years Day, Check it out on FaceBook profile visit.moab.utah

The thing about the cold, there is no mud. I am finding that the roads outback are seldom driven this time of year and are exquisite cross country pedaling. If you have the lungs and animal integrity, keep moving and enjoy trails too, like this one pictured out in the Bartlett Region. Oh can't post pictures yet. Check it out on the facebook page for GCHS Mountain Bike Team.

#19 ·
Still cold, barely broke 32 degrees. Snow melting really slow. Nothing worth riding. Go to St. George, it was 60 degrees yesterday and warmer this week. Lots of snow in Las Sals, expect more time to melt it off this year unless it warms up really fast. We have more snow than Colorado.

#24 ·
Things can change fast..(and change back fast too:skep:) this time of year.

We were -20 to -6 F overnight, barely struggling to get out of the single digits in the daytime for a two or three weeks after Christmas here in Ely (same Latitude as Moab just higher elevation).....

Today when I woke up it was raining and 36 degrees at 6:00am. Go figure.

#34 ·
So no go on most of the stuff up North as well? Klondike, Sovereign? Was considering sneaking across the border tomorrow morning if it was better there. It's pretty gooey in GJ, Fruita from what I'm hearing. Guess I can always just go out early here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.