Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Hold everything on the Kokopelli thing. The Kokopelli end of the Loop Road is closed until May 1, and is only open on weekends after that:

Loop Road Closure Update

The La Sal Loop Road will be closed to all vehicles and bikes between Miners Basin and the Castle Valley Overlook, until May 1st.

Starting May 1st the La Sal Loop Road north of the Sand Flats Road will be closed during the week to all vehicles and bikes and open on the weekends. Expect delays on other portions of the road between the Mill Creek Bridge and Sand Flats Road.

Access to Warner Lake and Oowah Lake will remain open but visitors will need to use the southern end of the Loop Road for access.

The Loop Road portion of the Kokopelli Trail will be impacted.

Call the US Forest Service at 435-259-7155, or the Grand County Road Department at 435-259-5308 for more info.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    From what I can tell, it looks like if we end the ride at Rock Castle Campground we would avoid any closures. Anyone see any problem with that or have a better suggestion for getting around the construction?
    Also open to other bikepacking routes. This one seemed good because my buddy and I will be in Fruita hanging out while my wife is at a women's mtb event, then we're heading to Moab, but we could probably have my wife drop us off/pick us up anywhere in the area.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567