Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Quote Originally Posted by bneall View Post
    In regards to snow and such. Historically what month/time does Burro Pass open for riding?
    July-ish around 6:30am
    Last edited by JMH; 02-14-2013 at 04:54 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Did you guys get more snow down low?

Paste eater
    Quote Originally Posted by slimat99 View Post
    Did you guys get more snow down low?
    I rode Amasa Sunday Mid-day. It was pretty clear considering and pretty much all ridable with intermitted ****-fights.

Swung by BarM today. No go. Slop fest and snow. Dusting of snow tonight so far.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwind View Post
    I rode Amasa Sunday Mid-day. It was pretty clear considering and pretty much all ridable with intermitted ****-fights.

Swung by BarM today. No go. Slop fest and snow. Dusting of snow tonight so far.
    Thanks for the update. Looks like clear above freezing weather for the next few days. I would love to do amasa, stacker, jackson's early next week. Too early??

Paste eater
    RS/Jacksons holds snow. North facing Canyon walls will be out for a while longer. Pipe dream is pretty much 100% covered. That being said, last couple of days have really helped. I rode Slickrock today (that's how bad I wanted to ride ) and snow was pretty much a non issue.
    Moab Trail Conditions-550065_10152476110040710_1949264110_n.jpeg

Say Car Ramrod!!
    Jan 2004
    Is Amasa Back clear enough to ride tomorrow?
    [SIZE="5"]I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself...[/SIZE]

addict
    I have second hand knowledge that amasa back is good to go, rockstacker and jackson probably not so much. Gonna head out there myself today to verify.
    Ride On!

Paste eater
    Yes. I rode Amasa last weekend with little interference. It's good to go.

Tigers love pepper...
    So no go on most of the stuff up North as well? Klondike, Sovereign? Was considering sneaking across the border tomorrow morning if it was better there. It's pretty gooey in GJ, Fruita from what I'm hearing. Guess I can always just go out early here.

Paste eater
    Quote Originally Posted by cobi View Post
    So no go on most of the stuff up North as well? Klondike, Sovereign? Was considering sneaking across the border tomorrow morning if it was better there. It's pretty gooey in GJ, Fruita from what I'm hearing. Guess I can always just go out early here.
    We tried Bar M this morning. Sloppy. You might be able to do something at N. Klondike. Like maybe. Seem like there is more snow just north of town as well. Amasa and SR are really the only options right now.

Tigers love pepper...
    We tried Bar M this morning. Sloppy. You might be able to do something at N. Klondike. Like maybe. Seem like there is more snow just north of town as well. Amasa and SR are really the only options right now.
    Thanks. I'll probably just try to get an early ride in here tomorrow instead. Hate to drive over there for the same conditions. Just jonesing to ride.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by powderhound82 View Post
    I have second hand knowledge that amasa back is good to go, rockstacker and jackson probably not so much. Gonna head out there myself today to verify.
    Did you ride RS, Jackson's?

Paste eater
    Covered in snow. Maybe not a whole lot, but enough to make it not fun IMO.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Covered in snow. Maybe not a whole lot, but enough to make it not fun IMO.
    copy that. I'm planning on riding moab this tuesday. Do you still think amasa and SR will be the only good options then?

Paste eater
    copy that. I'm planning on riding moab this tuesday. Do you still think amasa and SR will be the only good options then?
    If I were a betting man, yes. Today is cloudy and colder wich doesn't help. It's possible that North Klondike might be ok since it's almost all rock. Maybe something like EKG and Baby Steps North but I haven't been out there to check.

addict
    No, got in a time crunch, just quick ride to the false summit and down. I'm gone until middle of next week, I'm sure others will chime in as stuff opens up
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by powderhound82 View Post
    No, got in a time crunch, just quick ride to the false summit and down. I'm gone until middle of next week, I'm sure others will chime in as stuff opens up
    Cool, I decided to try another area all together. I rode Poison Spider to Portal yesterday: PS is good to go, sand was the only obstacle. The exposed traverse on portal still has snow and mud. More snow than mud. Immediately after the exposure the rest of the trail is dry.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Monday morning, Feb 11th: 4+ inches of fresh in town.

Likely to melt quick in most places but will linger on shady aspects, and ad to the mud factor.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Looks like it's suppose to be warm down there this weekend? I was thinking of heading down for a few days from Bozeman for a little get away - would it be worth it?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I'm going to be there this Sat-Mon and was hoping to ride the dirt bike (moto) on White Rim and then MTB Amasa Back. From the previous posts it sounds like Amasa Back would be fairly apt to be clear of snow. Any idea about White Rim?

Paste eater
    Quote Originally Posted by c_t_smith View Post
    I'm going to be there this Sat-Mon and was hoping to ride the dirt bike (moto) on White Rim and then MTB Amasa Back. From the previous posts it sounds like Amasa Back would be fairly apt to be clear of snow. Any idea about White Rim?
    That plan will work fine or at least the Amasa part. Went out to Bar M today. Not ready. Muddy slopfest. It's close. Maybe a few more days... So pretty much Slickrock Amasa and & Poison Spider until further notice.

Spinnin n Grinnin
    Dec 2011
    thanks for posting trail conditions - will be in Moab feb 28 - mar 3 and so looking forward it!

addict

Rockstacker!

Rode Amasa Back, Pothole Arch, and Rockstacker today. The drop-in at the beginning of rockstacker was icy and mucky, but good to go past that. Only a few small patches of snow that were really of no consequence. A cursory look into Jacksons and the verdict is that it needs a few more warm days. So made the loop back down Amasa Back.

Moab Trail Conditions-rs-drop-.jpg
    Rockstacker drop-in
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    My son and I rode Bar M/Circle O/Rockin A on Saturday. Stayed on the road to get to Bar M and then onto Circle O. Bar M was fine and the rock was perfect. Stay off Lazy/Deadmans/Bar B. Very muddy with snow.
    OVER the rocks, not around

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    On Saturday my wife ran the Moab Red Hot 55K which covered parts of: Gemini Bridges, Metal Masher, Gold Bar Rim, and Poison Spider. Aside from a little snow heading up the road to Gemini Bridges, she felt like those trails were all good to go. I rode Amasa Back Sunday and then took the dirt bike to 7 Mile Rim and Monitor and Merrimac. All of those areas were in great shape.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast