pedalhead

Good job! MOAB: Memorial Day Weekend

Can't wait to ride Moab for the first time next weekend. I will be staying at the Slickrock campground starting on Friday the 23rd. Renting bikes from Poison Spider and riding Slickrock on Friday. Anyone else heading out there? Don't worry, I will try not to Jersey Moab.

Ride and Smile
    I'll be there. Trying to head down on Wednesday before the weekend and stick through Monday.

mtbr member
    A group of us will be there, leaving CoSpgs on Thursday and will be staying at the Ramada in Moab.....can't wait!

Cheers
    -J
    Whats it like!!!

aka greyranger

moab

Got four coming from Chicago area. Moab most of the week Sunday to Thursday then off to Fruita for a couple of days. Enjoy

mtbr member
    I have a friend flying in from Chicago! We'll be picking him up on the way.....
    We have a total of 5 in our group, bikes will be a 575, Blur 4x, Giant AC, Mongoose Single Diamond (HEAVY), and I still am torn on bringing the Bullit or the 4x.

What Bikes are you guys riding there?

Cheers,
    -J
    Whats it like!!!

pedalhead
    I'll be on a Yeti from Poison Spider. Looking forward to riding one - I have heard good things..

mtbr member
    Im heading up with some people from flagstaff az thursday, not sure where we're camping

Anyone know the cheapest place to camp?

aka greyranger

what bikes

We have two hecklers, one 5 spot, one Ventana x-5, traveling in a 15 .passenger van. Enjoy the riding all looks like a good week in the desert.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    fakebeave-

Jersey Pride!!!! I am going out to Moab as well over Memorial Day! I have been hitting Mahlon and Hartshorne really, really hard lately all in the hopes of making as many climbs on Slickrock I can! I am flying into SLC on Friday and hope to be in Moab by the afternoon and plan on riding Slickrock on Sat morning- if time allows I may hit the Practice Loop late afternoon on Friday. If you are interested drop me a PM, and we'll see if we can hook up for a ride... I also plan on hitting Bartlett and/or Porc or Sovereign...
    I guarantee I will never, ever be accused of bringing sexy back...

pedalhead
    Nice Molasses -

We plan on riding Porcupine Rim on Saturday. I did 2 nice long training rides at Ringwood this weekend. Mahlon is one of my favorite rides, but the first (and only) time I rode it this year there was a TON of tress down across the trails. Man I am psyched for Moab!

Ride and Smile

Gold Bar

Anyone interested in riding Gold Bar-Poison Spider loop? or maybe sovereign with the new stuff? or lockhart basin?

mtbr member

So......
    Arrived in town on Friday a little earlier than planned, we were planning on riding a few trails in Fruita before heading to Moab but the rain killed that idea. It was still raining in Moab when we arrived....bummer.
    We stayed at the Ramada....aka the Viper Inn.

Sick of sitting in the room we decided to hit Slickrock, so much fun even though it was raining off & on.

Saturday we got up early ate at the Pancake Haus....das ist gut! Then headed out to Porc Rim (one of my favs) thats always a good ride!

Sunday we hit Amasa Back in the morning & Sovereign in the afternoon, really liked the views on Amasa and the single track rocked on Sovereign!

Monday we headed out early to catch a few rides in Fruita only to be blown off of Joes Ridge....man that wind was crazy!

The trip was awesome as always........

-J
    Whats it like!!!