Phil from San Diego

Moab, here I come! (4/13-4/18)

Will be making my first trip out to Moab to see what all the fuss is all about! Leaving San Diego early Sunday.. and hope to arrive in the evening after 12-18hr of driving. Some people say it's 12, some say 18.. so I guess we'll see!

I'll be solo and staying at the Red Rock Lodge till Friday. Other than that, I haven't really planned anything else yet... will read some of the posts and the trip planner sticky to get an idea of what trails are must rides. I think I'll be doing alot of stop and go to take in the scenary instead of just plowing through the trails... 4 days should be plenty of time to cover the major sights yes?

7 more days and the weather looks perfect. Can't wait!

mtbr member
    Good time of year to come out. The green is coming out, red cliffs, blue sky, not to hot or cold.
    It's not an adventure until someone BLEEDS!

Phil from San Diego
    I made it back in one piece! What a trip! Fun fun! I wish I had been in better shape and covered more trails in the 4 days.. I rode Slickrock Trail, Soverign, Poison Spider ---> Portal Trail, Lower Porcupine Singletrack --> Porcupine Rim Trail. Still a few trails I guess I'll cover the next time I go back.

Here are the photos from my trip. Enjoy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/philip2...7604642287151/

Phil.

mtbr member
    Great shots and glad you had fun. Hope you come back soon.
    It's not an adventure until someone BLEEDS!