Fartographer

Mid-Mountain Conditions?

Haven't been up to PC yet this spring and wondering if Mid Mountain is rideable between Spiro and Deer Valley. I was thinking of checking it out this afternoon. Since it's already this afternoon, I am thinking I might just have to gamble on it and find out for myself. If anyone knows and can report, I would appreciate it. Otherwise, I may make my own report this evening
    Back of the camera, back of the pack.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Hey John,

I've heard from reliable sources that Mid-mountain is pretty much good to go. Above mid-mountain, not so much, especially Northern aspects. Below it, definitely good to go. This info is based on conditions last week, so I imagine it's only gotten better. . .

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    See the link below for mid mtn update. Pretty much good to go from spiro to top of town lift (some deadfall, patches of snow along the way) Past that they're saying wait another week
    http://www.facebook.com/mountaintrailsfoundation
    www.24hrBikeShop.com 10% of your purchase price is donated to the trail organization of your choice!

Fartographer

Armstrong To Spiro

Thanks for the replies, guys. We ended up riding Armstrong to Spiro and it was all good with a few snow patches at the top that had clean lines to ride through. That was the first time I'd ridden Armstrong and I think it's great. I like riding up Spiro because it's one of the trails I use to judge my fitness so I have some mixed feelings about the new climb. However, the Armstrong grade is a lot more comfortable, adding on the section of Mid-Mountain is fun and I like that there aren't any tourists coming down the trail, skidding uncontrollably towards me. On the other hand, I saw a lot more breaking bumps coming into the corners on Spiro and I'm worried that it's going to become a downhill freeway and destroy the trail

Here are a couple of photos from yesterday's ride. I really enjoyed my ride and I'm really psyched about this summer. Between getting married and an ankle injury last year, I didn't get to ride much at all. I've got a lot to of riding to make up for
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mid-Mountain Conditions?-_5130007.jpg  

Mid-Mountain Conditions?-_5130031.jpg  

Back of the camera, back of the pack.

Bored Carp
    Seems I know what I am riding this week.
    I only attempt to change the world in the appropriate World-Changing venues and forums.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Armstrong trail is awesome. It hast the perfect grade so you can hammer and like you said, not have to worry about downhillers.
    www.24hrBikeShop.com 10% of your purchase price is donated to the trail organization of your choice!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Saturday I rode Armstrong up to Mid Mountain, then up MM to Deer Valley (well, almost - just shy of the new Montage Resort or whatever it's called).

Probably a dozen snowy patches to hike across, but totally worth it. Other than those patches, its bone dry.

mtbr member
    I have to echo the praise for the Armstrong trail. I rode it on Saturday and it was probably the most pleasant climb I've ever had. Nice to not have to worry about downhillers and while the trail is groomed, you get the singletrack feeling the whole way.

I went over to Mid-Mountain and then down Johns. At one point I got on the wrong course and started up Powerline, that trail is definitely not ready, I had to go through pile after pile of snow before I finally got wise and figured I was on the wrong trail.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Anyone know if the DV side is clear? Is it rideable from DV to Canyons? Don't mind some small hike-a-bike sections due to patches of snow or downfall.