mtbr member
    May 2004

Mesquite NV trails?

Hey, Anyone know of good trails to ride in Mesquite NV? Thanks

ay Diablo!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtngoat00
    Hey, Anyone know of good trails to ride in Mesquite NV? Thanks
    I grew up in Bunkerville (but live in UT now going to school), which is just across the Virgin River from mesquite (5 miles away). There isn't any off-road trail to mention in mesquite, it just too sandy. They recently added a paved trail system which they are expanding.
    On the other side of the river (Bunkerville side) it's not sandy, but extremely rocky. If you head up to the Virgin mtns (toward senic, or the Riverside) there are trail, and old mining roads and the like (lots of old mines to stop and check out). Some of them have become some what traveled by fourwheelers. I grew riding my dirk bike on them, and exploring the mtn range. You can actually ride all the way to the grand canyon. I did it once, took a sleeping bag and a tin foil dinner. Great fun.
    Three years ago I went mountain bike on the same trails and had a lot a fun, but I got 3 flat in one hr. lots of chola cactus. The mtn has some killer climbs, but the way back is a blast. I've only seen mtn bikers there one other time, besides when My family went. So you would be going where not to many other bikers have gone before. Which can be good or bad. No mark trails, but if you are up for exploring, it's wide open.

Edit: If you are just in town for a couple of days, then I would drive the 40 min. to St. George and ride the trails there. You are garenteed to have fun.
    Bunk
    Last edited by farmboybunk; 04-10-2007 at 09:46 AM.
    "You know me, I'm too lazy to carry a grudge". Sid the Sloth

Carnaval Dominicano
    http://carnaval.com.do/