aka baycat

Maximizing 3-days in Moab

Sticky threads were incredible helpful with camping, trails and other miscellaneous information. In Moab riding Sunday, April 20th, through Tuesday, April 22nd, and we would love to hit as many of the advanced, fun trails as possible.

Let me know if this is possible in three days

Sunday: Slick Rock trail from town
    Monday: Porcupine Rim Shuttle
    Tuesday: Amasaback, looped with Jackson's Trail

Other trails ideally like to try: Flat Pass, Sovereign, Fisher Mesa, and Poison Spider.

Could we combine any of these, like say Slick Rock in AM with a Porc Shuttle in the PM. Or early Shuttle and Sovereign.

What would be the best way to maximize our trail time on the must rides?

And if anyone want to ride with a bunch of Nor Cal folks, love to have some local company. Brews mandatory

Thanks,
    Ryan

mtbr member
    your 3 trails/days are pretty good. I would, however, make sure to hit Sovereign Trail. A new classic, one of the only true singletrack trails in the area. Porc is a given, esp. if you take the shuttle for UPS/Hazard. Porc takes a whole day for the most part. You could easily combine an AM ride on Amasa Back (Jackson descent or not) with a PM ride on Slickrock. Slickrock takes 2-3+hrs to do the whole loop, but you can in 45min do the practice loop to get a good feel for it. But from CA, if you haven't ridden Slickrock before, you should. Porc Rim and Sovereign are also must rides.

Canuckbiker
    Not a local or a regular to Moab...was there last fall and am going to go regularly, but anyways my picks would be...

Day 1 - Shuttle to Hazard County...this will give you Hazard County, Kokapelli, UPS, LPS, and Porcupine Rim.
    Day 2 - North to Bartlett Wash in the a.m., great slickrock playground, then do Sovereign in the afternoon.
    Day 3 - Amasa - Jackson, great ride, then go play on Slickrock.

Busy 3 days but would be extremely fulfilling...and make the beers taste really good at the end of the day!

Just a Canuck opinion / options.

Drew

More Chasmism
    baycat,

Here's a deal. I'll hook you up with some local wildside goodies on Monday the 21st (I'm off work that day), if perhaps you will reciprocate on my trip to SF at the end of July (we'll be staying with my aunt in Half Moon Bay for about one week). Let me know.

How big is your group, and what level of riders?

hfly

aka baycat
    Awesome, well there might be around 8 of us if that is not to large. Could we hit one of the above trails plus the other goodies?

Would be more than happy to reciprocate. There is some awesome singletrack on the way towards Half Moon Bay, called Skeggs. And Santa Cruz and Marin are not to far. Redwood lined single track!

Photos property of wddung and mountain bike bill
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ryan G.; 03-09-2008 at 08:45 PM.